Toronto
4-1

With a whimper.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another one bites the dust.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Man Utd losing too - I might be proved wrong but I think the Solskjaer appointment could do a 180 and go tits up.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Shahid Khan’s £110m in fees spend wasted. Spending doesn’t always work in football, hard lines.

I wonder if Fulham’s ridiculous pre-season spending spree will go down in history as one of the more expensive blunders in sport. A perfect example of the correlation that spending big on player fees does in no way guarantee success.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
So where do we stand on Wolves spending a King's ransom on new players via a 'Super Agent' on their first season in the Prem?

Money can't buy you success, or something else?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Poor old Fulham making way for the Champions of Europe.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder if Fulham’s ridiculous pre-season spending spree will go down in history as one of the more expensive blunders in sport. A perfect example of the correlation that spending big on player fees does in no way guarantee success.

Love it. Wolves and Fulham arrogantly thought that in one fell swoop they’d leave the likes of little old Brighton etc in the relegation mire.

The squad of internationals worked for Wolves, but nice to see that it failed in at least one of the two cheating clubs.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Man Utd losing too - I might be proved wrong but I think the Solskjaer appointment could do a 180 and go tits up.

I had the sound on for the Man Utd game. Everyone's favourite co-commentator came up with one of his TEXTBOOK lines:

"He's actually hit that too well" as the ball clatters against the crossbar.

(c) Andy Townsend

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The squad of internationals worked for Wolves, but nice to see that it failed in at least one of the two cheating clubs.

I see your point, but in fairness - if someone came in and threw us six-figure millions for new players, I'm sure we'd shut up and look the other way...

I think we certainly hold the moral high-ground when it comes to PL spending and wages, which is nice... as long as we stay in the PL.

Saddens me a bit that it's (on the whole) a game of who can spend the most. Makes me more proud of BHAFC that we can stick to a budget and still do well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here