Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham gone

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mitrovic scored 3 goals in August, 3 against us, that only leaves 4 for the rest of the season. Is he the proven goalscorer we covet?

20 in 62 games in the PL, although 56 of those games where in 2 relegation seasons from the PL., which is more of a worry, in that playing Mitrovic could guarantee relegation

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
20 in 62 games in the PL, although 56 of those games where in 2 relegation seasons from the PL., which is more of a worry, in that playing Mitrovic could guarantee relegation

Much the same could be said of:-

Bong
March
Ali J
Stephens
Gross
Locadia
Montoya

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Man Utd losing too - I might be proved wrong but I think the Solskjaer appointment could do a 180 and go tits up.

It looked like the initial lift of a new manger (which lasted longer than I expected) was fading just before he was appointed full time. I think the bubble may have burst now, and I’m not sure he will be the hero that the Utd fans expect.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It looked like the initial lift of a new manger (which lasted longer than I expected) was fading just before he was appointed full time. I think the bubble may have burst now, and I’m not sure he will be the hero that the Utd fans expect.
He won't be. The Press who Championed him for the job are turning already. They are starting to throw blame around already. OK it's at Pigba for his flirtation with Real Madrid. But that tar's Solskjaer with the same brush as Mourhino in suggesting that he can't control Pigba any more than Mourhino could. I loathe it when the Press build people up just knowing it's so that they can shoot them down. It's like fastening the Turkey vfof Christmas

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A stunning contribution to this thread, and the only thing i can add or amend to it, is to offer that you think of this not as a point, but half a point.

Not quite sure I'm catching your drift, or if you're being sarcastic. But their inferior goal difference DOES effectively cost them another point. If we ended up level on points with them, then you don't finish "half" above them in the table do you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine how excited the Fulham fans were just 8 months ago.

Promotion.
£100,000,000 spent on new talent.

Only to now find themselves back exactly where they were, only potentially considerably worse off.

At least we NSC Albion fans (except one) assume we're getting relegated at each and every wobble, many want relegation, some even want a new manager.

Who says we're emotionally repressed. :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not quite sure I'm catching your drift, or if you're being sarcastic. But their inferior goal difference DOES effectively cost them another point. If we ended up level on points with them, then you don't finish "half" above them in the table do you.

Not being sarcastic at all but, hopefully, I'll use this opportunity so you can catch my drift. Bad GD does not cost an entire point, for the simple reason that if they finished one point above us, we'll be relegated and they won't (assuming Burnley, Southampton, etc are out of it), whereas if we finish on the same points as them and they have a worse GD than us (which, barring a miracle, they will do), then they'll be relegated and we won't. So, it's better to think of GD as constituting half (or some other fraction of) a point, rather than as an extra one.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This, Micky Adams mk 1 basically bought a load of players who had been promoted from the 4th division before, result promotion from the 4th division. Cannot see any reason why purchasing a bunch of serial failures is a good idea.

Calum Chambers for example already has two relegations on his CV. Mitrovic does too.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I'd like to see us sign up and coming youngsters who can't get a game in the big top sixes of Europe - that, or proven PL players who've succeeded at making genuine progress in this division. Naturally the money required regardless, will be significant.

A couple of points worth noting: someone mentioned Rondon - if serious? well he's hardly set the world on fire with Newcastle, who themselves are probably faring worse than they did last season. He's a sub 10 goal a season striker (he may make double figures just this time around) and for the most part, a bottom six player at best.

Mitrovic is a fat loose cannon and the sort of bent out of shape character Hughton wouldn't touch with a barge pole - so a none starter. He was famous in Newcastle for being too 'mad' for the Geordie's... Frankly Matty Ryan would lay him out for being an A grade 'dick head', nah; he wouldn't get through the door at the Amex. That and with that risk comes HUGE wages and a lack of genuine proven ability at this level. I'd take Andone (yes, another relegated player) over him regardless.

Cairney: is an outside possibility in the 'new Dale Stephens' mould... however can he help us push for 10thish?!? What has he done this season to prove he's got what it takes at this level? The table does not lie. Gross, even in a poor relegated team, backed up his potential with staggering stats - can Cairney hold a candle to him in that regard? Errrmmm no. He'd cost loads too and I'm not so sure he's any better than someone like Oliver Norwood to be honest.

Ryan Sessegnon: hype, more hype and even more hype... left be unimpressed this season tbh... If he's as good as he and his suitors think, well he's top six bound for sure.

Therein lies the rub, the examples of players leaving PL make-weights for pastures new and succeeding seems to follow a pattern... absolute rarefied gems, who go to BIG clubs, leaving us picking up players who will more than likely merely maintain our current levels for huge sums of cash. Utterly inspiring stuff, eh?

Question time:

What is our aim in this league? Why bother if we're here just to milk the PL cash cow and struggle every season? If indeed this is the will of our supporters, well... then so be it. By signing mediocre failures we can hope for little more than mediocre failure, narrowly avoiding relegation, which doubtless Tom Cairney would see as a HUGE success - I however see it as uninspiring repetitive drivel. If we survive this year, I'd like to see us give it a real go. It's time to target some genuine quality, not seen since Vicente rocked up and shocked the whole Championship. Alas, akin to CH and his tactics, we're all staring in the myopic void of staying well within ourselves. FFS we're like an apology of a PL outfit, ooohhh let's sign players no one else wants... let's breed success from failure... Best not disrupt the plans of the proper PL teams.. sigh. Come on Albion, believe we belong... then we will.

It's time to strut out on stage with a bank of Marshall amps and show the world we've arrived and what's more belong, much like Deep Purple at the Cal Jam in '74.

Rock and roll.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not being sarcastic at all but, hopefully, I'll use this opportunity so you can catch my drift. Bad GD does not cost an entire point, for the simple reason that if they finished one point above us, we'll be relegated and they won't (assuming Burnley, Southampton, etc are out of it), whereas if we finish on the same points as them and they have a worse GD than us (which, barring a miracle, they will do), then they'll be relegated and we won't. So, it's better to think of GD as constituting half (or some other fraction of) a point, rather than as an extra one.

So, you have pointed out that in order to survive Cardiff will need 1 more point than us to survive given the respective GDs, but you're contesting GD is worth a point. :shrug:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

This doesn't make any sense at all.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Cardiff got a couple of shock wins on the back if the Emiliano plane crash where fans and players were possibly sub consciously galvanised by that tragic event. Without those wins they would be almost gone by now. I don't see them as being capable of getting the 9 points they probably need to stay up

They were hardly shock wins, a home win against Bournemouth who as shit away from home as we are and an away win against fellow relegation candidates Southampton, who have the 4th worse home record in the league. It's not like they went to Old Trafford and Anfield and won.Cardiff are shit and if we don't beat them at the Amex then frankly we don't deserve to stay up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Their summer signings were INSANE

Seri - 27m
Anguissa £22m
Mitrovic £22m
Mawson £20m?
Loans
Schurle
Vietto

Others
Joe Bryan (I really thought he would be a hit)
Sessegnon (I know he was already there but many considered him a prem player in the making)

Their relegation in such a pathetic manner is ridiculous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

This made my head hurt a bit.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They were hardly shock wins, a home win against Bournemouth who as shit away from home as we are and an away win against fellow relegation candidates Southampton, who have the 4th worse home record in the league. It's not like they went to Old Trafford and Anfield and won.Cardiff are shit and if we don't beat them at the Amex then frankly we don't deserve to stay up.

But results leading up to that and after it were hardly yielding many points. All I am saying is that it seems very coincidental that they yielded those two victories around that incident. It's easy for a manager to inspire the players in and around such an incident.

I mean. Look at that goal Sidwell scored when Knockeart was away at his dad's funeral.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here