Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Green Man for Wembley!

N17

Jun 21, 2011
If you want to get served in under 10-20 mins go to the Parrish Bar (if it is a designated BHA pub). Quickest service at Wembley by far.

Yours,

S.Parrish.

(it is a small pub but has good beer and fast service).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Kilburn is the best option. Loads and loads of pubs, and only 4 stops from Wembley Park.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wetherspoons is where it will be at, going to be absolutely bouncing in there. After a couple in the Ibis and the Holiday Inn on my pub crawl I'm going to be in the mood for a good sing song by the time I get to Wetherspoons.

:O

Apr 2, 2019
Brighton
Trust me, I'm not affiliated with The Green Man. I have been there multiple times with England, Spurs and NFL games and it has by far the best atmosphere compared to other dives around the area. The outside can hold the lower tier of Wembley (Just saying)

Best,
The Owner Of The Green Man

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To avoid all the crowds and the packed pubs selling crap, why don't people jump on the jubilee line and get off at West Hampstead, Kilburn, Kingsbury or Queensbury and go to a quieter vdecent pub near the station and jump back on the tube for 10 minutes.

This. It's all about thinking outside the box(park). And no need to restrict yourself to the Jubilee line either. Simplest thing in the world to find a very decent backstreet boozer in London town.

I'm just throwing it out there, The Green Man is a great shout pre-game. With BoxPark robbing us for fifteen quid, and The Globe possibly being the smallest pub out there to serve a beer, I think this is a great shout. :albion2:

Pub nearest my school and hence the first I ever gingerly set foot inside

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Tins on the train up,
Victoria wetherspoons then on to Baker Street.

Classic combo. Trinnies on the way up, 3 can's and a fanta, everyone knows the rules. Then a quick one in spoons before heading to destination.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Personally I don't fancy the tube, that journey from baker street is horrible when you've had a few.
You make it sound like the Long March or going across the subcontinent in a cattle truck...[emoji5]

What makes that tube journey such a challenge?

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Kilburn is the best option. Loads and loads of pubs, and only 4 stops from Wembley Park.

That's where we went in 91 in the pub by 10.30am. When the landlord opened his doors at 12 you couldn't get any more people in. It was a Irish pub if memory serves me right.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You make it sound like the Long March or going across the subcontinent in a cattle truck...[emoji5]

What makes that tube journey such a challenge?

It's been about 10 years, but I have a traumatic memory of nearly pissing myself on the Metropolitan line before an Oasis gig. It's a bit hazy and entirely possible that I failed to relieve myself before leaving the pub. :dunce:

I'm still not risking it again though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm just throwing it out there, The Green Man is a great shout pre-game. With BoxPark robbing us for fifteen quid, and The Globe possibly being the smallest pub out there to serve a beer, I think this is a great shout. :albion2:

Have to say it WAS a great shout! Stiff old hike from Wembley Park station if you go the long way round, but a veritable BOXPARK once you got there. Loads of drink and food options, much messy hoofball, a good laugh and a great alternative to spending pre-match inside the stadium. Nice one Green Man! :clap2:

Have to say it WAS a great shout! Stiff old hike from Wembley Park station if you go the long way round, but a veritable BOXPARK once you got there. Loads of drink and food options, much messy hoofball, a good laugh and a great alternative to spending pre-match inside the stadium. Nice one Green Man! :clap2:

Not a bad walk from Wembley Central a couple of pubs on the way, licker store and jj's. Loads of loo's and easy bar acsess outside. Good choice GM

Attachments

• IMG_20190406_150141.jpg
    IMG_20190406_150141.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 434

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
We went there, outside bars with waiting, great atmosphere, could have done with being a little bit warmer though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here