Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] 2019 Grand National - Saturday 6th April

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Bazza Geraghty not going to be on Anibale Fly as he has a lower leg fracture after being buried in the Topham. I guess Mark Walsh will replace him.

Rathvinden, Jury Duty and Tea For Two are all a sea of blue on oddschecker this afternoon.

They shysters have no shame in adding extra each way places but only £3.65 are going 1/4 odds, they really do take the piss.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
The Bet £3.65 offer - I've dodged Tiger Roll as I have to win a few grand so have concentrated on the others even though I think Tiger Roll will win. This is how I have bet across the two accounts I have access to. The £125 refunds came back into the accounts within minutes and as they are best odds guaranteed I'm happy to play the prices now. They may drift later Today but will be shorter Tomorrow I feel. Offer ends midday Tomorrow.

These are all each way....
Anibale Fly £22 10/1
Rathvinden £22 10/1
Lake View Lad £15 14/1
Pleasant Company £10 20/1
Rock The Kasbah £12 20/1
Jury Duty £10 18/1
Joe Farrell £10 20/1
Ramses De Teillee £8 20/1
Walk In The Mill £8 25/1
One For Arthur £8 25/1

Anibale Fly £21 10/1
Rathvinden £21 10/1
Vintage Clouds £18 12/1
Lake View Lad £15 14/1
Pleasant Company £10 20/1
Rock The Kasbah £10 20/1
Jury Duty £10 20/1
Joe Farrell £10 20/1
Step Back £10 20/1

The match bettors will back and lay to make £80+ and hit a bigger win if it comes in 5th. Covering horses like that kills accounts

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
General Principle 40 to 1

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
The match bettors will back and lay to make £80+ and hit a bigger win if it comes in 5th. Covering horses like that kills accounts
It’s the filthy arbers that kill accounts of proper punters as the books are on red alert looking for them and plenty get caught up in that because of the arbers. As a professional gambler I go through accounts at an alarming rate but hardly play at £3.65 and only lost my account with them this year after a few big wins on mug bets and I’ve played this offer every year they’ve offered it. It is criminal how quickly books close you down when you have any idea about what you are doing.

This is an offer, however you play it, gives you big value and you should take advantage of without any arbing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brighton to win 20/1
One for Arthur 28/1

£ 1 Win double.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
It’s the filthy arbers that kill accounts of proper punters as the books are on red alert looking for them and plenty get caught up in that because of the arbers. As a professional gambler I go through accounts at an alarming rate but hardly play at £3.65 and only lost my account with them this year after a few big wins on mug bets and I’ve played this offer every year they’ve offered it. It is criminal how quickly books close you down when you have any idea about what you are doing.

This is an offer, however you play it, gives you big value and you should take advantage of without any arbing.

Yer i never arb, Ive gone for a back and lay on General Principle, giving me £100 profit where ever the horse finishes, if it finishes 5th i get £1400ish. Got a few more accounts so ill cover more tomorrow.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
This has got a bit lost after yesterday’s entertainment.

What a horse Tiger Roll is. Hats off to Elliott for getting him there spot on and for a great ride by Davy Russell. I listened to it as the players were coming out onto the pitch, great timing, and was going a bit mad when it sounded like he was going to win from about 3 out. I had only just calmed down when the opposition scored.

The filthy arbers were out in force on the machine yesterday morning and I couldn’t help myself but back him at 7.6 when he was 6.2 on the win market:smile: Second year running he’s won me a good few grand and he will be getting a large photo on my office wall :bowdown:

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Why is it that jockeys don't get the same criticism as F1 drivers?

For example, 'Hamilton only wins because he is in the fastest car.'

It's not like Frankie Dettori has been riding duds his whole career.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016

What a horse Tiger Roll is. Hats off to Elliott for getting him there spot on and for a great ride by Davy Russell. I listened to it as the players were coming out onto the pitch, great timing, and was going a bit mad when it sounded like he was going to win from about 3 out. I had only just calmed down when the opposition scored.

The filthy arbers were out in force on the machine yesterday morning and I couldn’t help myself but back him at 7.6 when he was 6.2 on the win market:smile: Second year running he’s won me a good few grand and he will be getting a large photo on my office wall :bowdown:

You must bet big

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Tiger Roll is an absolutely outstanding horse and to win 5 chases above 4m is freakish especially at the level he's been operating at. It will be a long time before we see similar. Just imagine if Bryony frost was on it as opposed to dour Davey and I'm sure he'd have rock star exposure and much tighter prices.

The shame from yesterday was the first fence. Whilst it's been so much safer since 2012 the visual impression of that was horrific. 30-35 runners is the only answer to that as the start has already been brought nearer the first fence.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Why is it that jockeys don't get the same criticism as F1 drivers?

For example, 'Hamilton only wins because he is in the fastest car.'

It's not like Frankie Dettori has been riding duds his whole career.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

A jockeys twitter feed is often choc full of people slagging off any particular ride. Whilst I don't tag him in, you wouldn't have to look far to find me moaning about Jamie Spencer. Whilst they don't get pulled apart by the ITV analysts - or at worst "could have been nearer the pace" -, there is daily criticism of a variety of jockeys. Paul Nicholls is ruthless getting rid of any that don't cut the mustard.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I couldn’t help myself but back him at 7.6 when he was 6.2 on the win market:smile: Second year running he’s won me a good few grand and he will be getting a large photo on my office wall :bowdown:

Are you saying you just backed it e/w on the exchange at 7.6 and laid off the win part at 6.2 keeping the place part in play?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here