Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Food and Drink at Wembley

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Food options are decent-ish and around the £6-7 area. The fish & chips is a small portion - more like a couple of gujons but tastes ok. Most of the the food options are edible. Hot dog is ok, pizza is pizza (never eaten it at Wembley) the but the burger is very average. Some outlets are card only.

As for popcorn and pick & mix.....the less said the better.

The staff are very friendly but 99% of them are pretty inept.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Food options are decent-ish and around the £6-7 area. The fish & chips is a small portion - more like a couple of gujons but tastes ok. Most of the the food options are edible. Hot dog is ok, pizza is pizza (never eaten it at Wembley) the but the burger is very average. Some outlets are card only.

As for popcorn and pick & mix.....the less said the better.

The staff are very friendly but 99% of them are pretty inept.

..And the £8 "Flamin Hot Sausages " , are barely warm ???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Featured snippet from the web
cost of a beer and food in Wembley stadium. you can take your own food and drinks in cartons (ribena etc.) beer is about £4/5 a pint, a pie is £5, fish and chips £7.50.

I saw this and got all excited. Of course! Cartons. Maybe I can't take a flask or a reusable water bottle into the amex, but I had forgotten about cartons! I'll be taking them with me from now on... Then I checked the prohibited items list and saw cartons are banned, too. :tantrum:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went through the Outlets Shopping Centre and stopped at Frankie & Benny's but their menu was very limited and what I didnt realise was that the prices displayed didnt include VAT which they added on the bill. You live and learn but I doubt if I will ever go to Wembley again.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Went through the Outlets Shopping Centre and stopped at Frankie & Benny's but their menu was very limited and what I didnt realise was that the prices displayed didnt include VAT which they added on the bill. You live and learn but I doubt if I will ever go to Wembley again.

It's illlegal for a non business-to-business retailer like a restaurant to display VAT exclusive prices. They do split it out on the bill summary but certainly not the menus.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Having taken the kids to Frankie and Benny's a few times I have never once been to one that had the prices in the menu exclusive of VAT.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I saw this and got all excited. Of course! Cartons. Maybe I can't take a flask or a reusable water bottle into the amex, but I had forgotten about cartons! I'll be taking them with me from now on... Then I checked the prohibited items list and saw cartons are banned, too. :tantrum:

Try Capri Sun. It is not a bottle nor a carton and does not currently transgress any of Barber's petty rules and regulations (although as soon as he reads this I'm sure he'll come up with something!!)

Friend of mine got a steak and ale pie there once at England game, he took the top off the pie and there wasn't a single piece of meat in it, just gravy.

I would avoid the food there at all costs if you can, probably the only place in the country that is a bigger robbery than getting sweets at the cinema.

Didn't realise that Piglets were doing Wembley pies too now.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Fancied a beer at Wembley, then saw it was Budweiser, so gave it a miss as it doesn't really count as beer/lager.

The money saved helped pay for my wife's £11.50 250 ml glass of Primitivo in Hampstead on Sunday ( and no, it wasn't even organic)

Expensive, but an antidote to having to visit Ikea Wembley in a screaming rush in between the Sunday kickoff and full-time ( no, didn't realise there was extra time as couldn't be bothered to check the score)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here