Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    Where has the £21m fee in the thread title come from?

Would love to keep Propper
    Brosandi

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Wouldn't be surprised whatsoever to see Propper looking at home in a much bigger, better side than ours.

Think Dusan Tadic at Ajax now.
      He could join Celtic if he wants play for a big club in a shit league and and a handful of CL group matches.

Ajax are not perennial CL semi finalists , last time was 1996/97 so last season was not the norm for Ajax .

If they can keep the band together then they might do well again but can’t see Propper breaking into the starting XI if I’m honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      I don't think that's how fans will see it. Fans don't like seeing us lose, so if we're passing the ball around, trying to attack, and then get beaten, fans will soon get fed up.

Up until Christmas, we were playing our standard solid style. It wasn't exciting, but we were getting results and the fans liked it. We then changed to a more attacking style and fans liked it at first, even though we lost. Losing soon got boring though. The fans will say it's our play style they got fed up with, but the truth is it was the losing.
      More attacking since Xmas? Really? Our 'apparent' formation was but in reality it was park the bus, 10 men behind the ball and hoof it to Murray. That's not attacking imho.

What was our stat of nbr of touches in the oppo's box? The worst in the PL last season.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      You're aware Ajax just made the Champions League Semi-Finals, correct?
      Is that the Ajax whose team are being dismantled and whose more typical performance in that competition is playing a couple of group games before bowing out?

He will be paid more here. Remember he came from PSV to begin with who recently finished 3 points behind Ajax and 25+ points ahead of the rest.

The only reasons to go as far as I can see are a) lifting the Eredivisie trophy and whatever other noddy domestic cup they have b) more time on the ball and less exertion

0 Not allowed!
      What if the sale of Propper was enough to finance the purchase of Daniel James from Swansea (and from under the noses of United)?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Is that the Ajax whose team are being dismantled and whose more typical performance in that competition is playing a couple of group games before bowing out?

He will be paid more here. Remember he came from PSV to begin with who recently finished 3 points behind Ajax and 25+ points ahead of the rest.

The only reasons to go as far as I can see are a) lifting the Eredivisie trophy and whatever other noddy domestic cup they have b) more time on the ball and less exertion
      What do you think the ambitions here are? Finish 16th instead of 17th? Another good cup run?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post

3) Prostitutes, lots and lots of prostitutes.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      I think you'll find that TB, having thrown £120m at it since getting promoted, has "got it into his head" that we should be progressing, which is not an unreasonable position to take as he's the one writing the cheques. And last season, we regressed. Nobody is EXPECTING us to start going to the big 6 and plundering points, or that we'll have a 20-goal superstar up top next season. But equally, having invested in the squad, I don't think Bloom was expecting us to stay up this time courtesy of Fulham and Palace both doing us a favour in the last 2 games.

I'm *hoping* for an improvement in performances and results under Potter, but thats a long way from "expecting" it.
      Who write's cheques anymore?
      How soon is now???
      Past the Leisure Centre, left at the lights

0 Not allowed!
      Prior to the Hughton sacking I said i'd be happy to see Propper go. However, if he gets to play in a more offensive role and it suits him better, then great. The Ajax rumour has been bubbling around for a while though
      Slut Faced Whores Tony Meolas Loan Spell's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Propper is the only real baller we have. Bearing in mind Potter wants possession quick passing, one touch, attacking football I would say that the Propper is absolutely PIVOTAL next season.
      Sir RANTSALOT
      BIN THE FINN or we sleepwalk into league one ambition.

REMF quiz Runners up 2011, WINNERS 2013, Runners up 2014.