Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue'n'white View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Davy Davy Pröpper King of the Dutch midfield !
    Certainly hasn't exactly been King of the ALBION midfield...

Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
    Do you really think Hughton 'bowed' to fan pressure for more attacking football? That said I don't really remember must dissent from fans during the games first half of the season to be more attacking or whatever. So maybe he was reading NSC?
    I think I remember @NooBHA saying something along those lines. Maybe he didn't bow to fan pressure, but surely people asking for it played on his mind to give it a go?

Who is making the decisions about Propper's proposed move/interest to/from Ajax and other potential exits? Potter? His recruitment guy? PW? Surely a manager would have to have a good look at the squad before making any decisions, or had CH drawn up a retained list before he got the boot? If so, would the new guy(s) be able to or want to make changes to that list? Obviously targets are all going to have Potter's input, but what about the current squad? Or (one for the conspiracy theorists) has he been on a secret mission since the beginning of the year to identify who to keep and who to get rid of?

I'm not expecting answers to all those questions, by the way, just a rambling stream of thoughts really. But if you can shed any light on what is going on, then great

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      I'm not dismissing pace, this is going to take some huge leaps of faith so hang in there:-

Instead of maintaining possession with reasonably safe passes to feet what if

- Dunk wins possession.
      - Passes the ball FORWARD 20 (twenty) yards to Propper.
      - Already alive to the situation Ali J has gone past the previously pressing fullback.
      - Propper plays a one (certainly no more that two) touch pass FORWARD behind the now back pedaling fullback.
      - As switched on is Andone, who was on the halfway line and is new making a bee-line to goal.

No player has to have any great speed in that equation, but the ball needs to do a lot of very accurate work very quickly.

It must be possible I've seen other teams do it.

Naturally though one mistake and 4 possibly even 5 players are out of position the Albion are 1-0 down.
      With half of us are screaming for defensive cover while the other half are smugly rubbing their chins.
      Speed of thought is often more important than actual speed at this level. Look at Rooney, Scholes, Beckham, Lampard, even Gross at our level: never blessed with huge amounts of pace but their speed of thought created opportunities and goals. The question under Potter will be about thinking two or three passes ahead I feel rather than seemingly reacting once you get ball to feet.
      Eternally hopeful...

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hu_Camus View Post
      You can't keep a player if he wants away.....months of sulking and disruption to the squad - take the money.
      We kept Stephens, despite a transfer request, and won promotion.

You'd have to think Propper is much more suited to Potter's tactics than Chris's, we really should do what we can to try him with our new system.

Of course I could understand Propper wanting to play CL football, but wouldn't he also want to be a success in the PL before leaving?
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladders View Post
      He was playing Dutch League football and CL football at PSV .

He left that to come here . He must see the Prem as a high level than the Dutch league and a handful of CL games.

Ajax did well last year , and if they think that Propper is the missing piece of their jigsaw for European domination then the bidding can start at £50 mill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      And now he has played both, maybe he wants to go back, albeit to a bigger team
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Members

12 Not allowed!
      I will be gutted to see him go as I think he’s a brilliant player but this is a really good move for him, Ajax are a wonderful club. I think we will regret losing him though as we’ve never got the most out of his ability in his time here.

He deserves to be playing in his correct position for a team in the champions league rather than play as an auxiliary centre back for a team fighting relegation as he has done the last 2 seasons.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      If he wants to go, which I imagine he will, he’ll be off imo. Shame as he was 100% NOT a CH player. I was looking forward to seeing him next season. Not impressed with our current known transfer rumour activity. A League One player in and a player good enough to play for one of the top teams in Europe out

Must do better, I am wavering towards Potter OUT
      Lewis Dunk played in League 1 at the same age.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

2 Not allowed!
      Wouldn't be surprised whatsoever to see Propper looking at home in a much bigger, better side than ours.

Think Dusan Tadic at Ajax now.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

0 Not allowed!
      Shame not to have seen the best of him but if he wants to go this is the best time to leave. It will still be interesting to see how his career pans out away from us.

0 Not allowed!
      Has he said he wants to go ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      I'm not dismissing pace, this is going to take some huge leaps of faith so hang in there:-

Instead of maintaining possession with reasonably safe passes to feet what if

- Dunk wins possession.
      - Passes the ball FORWARD 20 (twenty) yards to Propper.
      - Already alive to the situation Ali J has gone past the previously pressing fullback.
      - Propper plays a one (certainly no more that two) touch pass FORWARD behind the now back pedaling fullback.
      - As switched on is Andone, who was on the halfway line and is new making a bee-line to goal.

No player has to have any great speed in that equation, but the ball needs to do a lot of very accurate work very quickly.

It must be possible I've seen other teams do it.

Naturally though one mistake and 4 possibly even 5 players are out of position the Albion are 1-0 down.
      With half of us are screaming for defensive cover while the other half are smugly rubbing their chins.
      Ultimately with a more offensive strategy and players running into space, you also have to adapt a number of things defensively such as how you press, where your defensive line is and where you make your tackles. If Dunk or Propper lose the ball in that situation then maybe you're in trouble against the best sides, but the others players losing it, if you're high enough up the pitch and you press/foul quickly enough, then you're not likely to concede.