Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Think that's what the sticking point will be.

Ajax are tight.

Their first choice is De Roon. Maybe we should get him if they sign propps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is this one of you itk posts Dwayne ? Because you are like Mystic Meg atm.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Pröpper knew of the Ajax interest in March - and the club will have known about it as well. If he has told them he wants the move, then he will go and we will have had a plan in place for 2 months to replace him.

If I was Propper, I'd have been looking around last season, because we just didn't play a system that allowed him to shine.

Now with Hughton gone, he has the choice to either take up one of those opportunities, or hope that he'll be able to shine under GP.

If one of those opportunities is going to Ajax, then it's a tough call for him to make.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What do you think the ambitions here are? Finish 16th instead of 17th? Another good cup run?

I could easily fire that back at you and ask what were his ambitions when he moved from Eredivisie Champions PSV, frequenters of the Champions League, to us in the first place?

I would suggest to test himself at a higher level week-in week-out, and money.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I could easily fire that back at you and ask what were his ambitions when he moved from Eredivisie Champions PSV, frequenters of the Champions League, to us in the first place?

I would suggest to test himself at a higher level week-in week-out, and money.

Exactly and now he has done both - maybe he has decided that he would take European football over a struggling Premier League team. Or maybe he hasn't.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He could join Celtic if he wants play for a big club in a shit league and and a handful of CL group matches.

Ajax are not perennial CL semi finalists , last time was 1996/97 so last season was not the norm for Ajax .

If they can keep the band together then they might do well again but can’t see Propper breaking into the starting XI if I’m honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think anyone is suggesting they're perennial CL semi finalists, but they're clearly a much, much better side than us right now.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Does anyone else always sing “Davy, Davy Propper..king of the wild frontier” to the tune of “Davy Crockett” the 1960s TV series that re ran on Sunday Mornings I the late 1970s in their head whenever his name is mentioned?

No? It’s just me then.

I also used to live at “Daisy Cottage” and would often sing that same tune.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Exactly and now he has done both - maybe he has decided that he would take European football over a struggling Premier League team. Or maybe he hasn't.

Well we could speculate for days. I would say something along the lines of perhaps him expecting to establish himself in the PL and to get bought by a 'better' club eventually. Alas, it hasn't worked out for him.

The main point I was disagreeing with you on was that the allure of the CL would have him packing his bags immediately.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well we could speculate for days. I would say something along the lines of perhaps him expecting to establish himself in the PL and to get bought by a 'better' club eventually. Alas, it hasn't worked out for him.

The main point I was disagreeing with you on was that the allure of the CL would have him packing his bags immediately.

Who is a 'better' club than Brighton, that obviously isn't Ajax?

1) He's Dutch
2) Ajax are the biggest club in Dutch Football
3) European football
4) Much more likely to win trophies

I'm amazed people see this as a step down

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We should hold out for £30M IMHO...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dwayne probably asked him mate who reckons Propper is crap.

Indeed ... he’s changed his tune now Ajax are interested. His family have a box there so he’s more Itk about Ajax than anyone on this board. He reckons De Roon is number one choice and will be easier to buy as he’s at Atalanta.

De Roon and Propper are very similar players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This really drives me bonkers in this social media age - “so and so team are preparing a bid for X player” How long does it take to prepare an email that says “we at Club X Hereby make an offer of £Xm for player Y”?

Jokers....

I’m preparing a bid for a Co-op meal deal. I reckon around £3 should do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here