Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is Ajax Amsterdam, the biggest club in his country, playing in the champions league. I can imagine he'd be very interested indeed

What's relevant here is Dusan Tadic. Bought in 2014 by Southampton from Twente for c. £10 million, sold to Ajax 4 years later for c. £10 million. 20 goals in 134 games for the Saints, 20 goals in 27 matches for Ajax.

I'm sure having put that amazing deal together Ajax would like to come back to the well a second time and although I agree £18 mill is not enough if the player wanted to go I don't think we'd get much more for him.

If Cardiff go down I wonder whether we'd go for Victor Camarasa, currently on loan from Betis. We were rumoured to have been chasing him before landing Bissouma.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If these rumours are true he will not be at Brighton next year FACT. (Almost) That would be an enormous head Turner for the player and who in their right mind could blame him. £25 million would seal it and he would flourish at Ajax. Think about it.......easier games to impress in week in week out and Champions League football to make a name for himself. Let's not kid ourselves here it Ajax we are talking about a club of the stature of say Chelsea or Spurs in England and we cannot compete with the lure of clubs the size of them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Head must have been turned he was pretty shit on Saturday, which is really unusual :smile:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...and maybe not keen to stay in the UK if it leaves the EU?
Yeh, on his wages he's really going to struggle with the extra cost of food (if indeed there is such an increase), isn't he......................

I presume he's had to fill in his application to stay by now, like everyone else. Doesn't scream 'welcoming'
I don't know - £30 or £40K a week sounds pretty welcoming in any language.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has it taken till April for there to be a rumour, any rumour, that any club is interested in any of our players? ??? #undertheundertheradar

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm sure I heard it from the friend of a friend, who heard it from a builders mums budgie, that a club in another country is maybe interested in one of our players. I'm sure this is how these rumours start to get circulated in the papers and its the reason I don't have pets

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Yeh, on his wages he's really going to struggle with the extra cost of food (if indeed there is such an increase), isn't he......................

I have two friends one German, one Dutch, both have lived here for over 20 years but no longer feel welcome. They are Europeans but do not feel,they are welcome here. Both are going back to their countries of birth.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I have an idea. Lets sell out best midfielder.

:facepalm:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What on earth are you babbling on about. No one has suggested he's concerned about costs.

What we don't know is how his partner feels. Maybe she can't stand the place with some of the anti european bile being dished out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here