Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hmm ..not sure I am.
Yes I think it’s sensible to agree to disagree
Enough to form an opinion ...but hey who knows ...there’s a lot of unknowns right now

So your opinion is that none of the U23 squad are good enough for PL football. The squad that finished 3rd in PL2 without a few loanees out. Lets see what happens under Potter. I suspect you are wrong BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Brilliant. Did you include yourself in the 'few'?

Obviously not, since I moved on after my initial shock. Thought about it. Realised Tony made the only reasonable call. Suggest you do likewise you clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Adam El-Abd is ALWAYS the example I think of when I think about players who were a joke became one hell of a player. He was a punchline before Gus came in, but not two minutes after being through the door, he publically says that El-Abd is the best at defending at the club. No longer is he shunted to full back or into a holding midfield role, no. The man is a centre back, and a damned good one at that. Which is why he's continuing his career in the football league and at a good standard.

Me-nah-me-nah, do do do do...

From El Bad to legend. I remember him roughing up some players with hilarious consequences. And when he cleared out a wall so that Vicente could score from a free kick. Magic, and a testament to smart coaching.

I saw him in Wycombe a few weeks back, said a quick hello, as you do (not in an Albion stalking way).
Anyway going to watch Wycombe play at Wealdstone July 23rd, where Adam El Abd might come up against Jeffrey Monokana :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw him in Wycombe a few weeks back, said a quick hello, as you do (not in an Albion stalking way).
Anyway going to watch Wycombe play at Wealdstone July 23rd, where Adam El Abd might come up against Jeffrey Monokana :)

Just looked up the great man and his Wiki is at least a year out of date. Had a great season last year.

However *cough* Monakana *cough*

Initially I though you were referring to one of these:

dear God no.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry, but you sound like one of those guys that was backing the likes of CMS or COG to the hilt right up to the day we got rid. Strongly suspect you're in for an autumn of disappointment. Oh well.

The “If only Poyet and Garcia had built the team around CMS” fairytale.

Bottom line, CMS wasn’t good enough.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why are people writing off the chance that some of our attack minded players may have more opportunity to express themselves better on the ball with a new attack minded manager in charge?

Have we already forgotten the way players such as Alexis Sanchez played for Mourinho after looking so good under Wenger? What about when Bergkamp was at Inter Milan and then went to Arsenal and flourished once Wenger came in? Or Ginola at Newcastle who then goes to Spurs, gets given the free role and look what a player he turned out to be.
Managerial change can have s huge impact on players either way. To write off the idea that players who underperformed under CH could perform differently under GP are just holding on to the negativity of last season. Players like El Abd were transformed when a new manager came in. Let's give our players ca chance instead of writing them off based on extremely negative football

Alexis Sanchez has looked shite under Solskjaer too.

Though your other examples are apt.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wasn’t it Gus who said he’d build the team around him?

God knows he tried.

Getting rid of that trouble maker Muzza, pushing Barnes back into midfield, giving CMS tons of starts.

Poyet moved on, literally. Whereas CMS lickers spent a few years painting a picture of the incredibly talented CMS, let down by Poyet and Garcia.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
God knows he tried.

Getting rid of that trouble maker Muzza, pushing Barnes back into midfield, giving CMS tons of starts.

Poyet moved on, literally. Whereas CMS lickers spent a few years painting a picture of the incredibly talented CMS, let down by Poyet and Garcia.

If only we'd had a manager that would have put a Baldock like player next to CMS, he could have really shone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If only we'd had a manager that would have put a Baldock like player next to CMS, he could have really shone.

If only we had a manager that rated Muzza as the future and didn’t buy the inferior CMS.

With that Baldock like player beside Muzza, we’d have made the PL in 2012 or 2013.

CMS’s shuttle runs between opposing centre halves taking the p, are thankfully an ever distant memory.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
On bench for Nederlands tonight. Might get a chance to boost his transfer fee if he shines in this tournament, but might mean England going out!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How's his hair looking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here