Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When my wife bought me as a joke the BHAFC annual, I filled in the bits I needed to fill in and put down Davy Propper as my favourite player. I would cry myself to sleep every night for a week if we sold him, and would be inconsolable unless we could get Lionel Messi to replace him.

Or, more seriously, he's worth an awful lot more than that, and I would definitely want to keep him.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If we stay up? Definitely not.

If we go down? I can't see him staying sadly.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
21 million euros ? That's 18 million pounds.

I think it's a good offer- as in June it'll be 50 million pounds......

Vote for NO DEAL.....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Isn't it nice to know that Top European sides are now ''tracking'' Brighton players ? - And there are some on here who think there has been no progress since Brighton arrived in the PL - Just look at how many go on International Duty during the International Breaks.

This was always gonna be on the cards with Davy - He is a superb player.

Ajax offer Champions League football but Dutch players ''court'' moves to the PL or La Liga or Bundisliga Davy was no different - However, we hold all the Aces on this one because he is on a Long Term contract

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Would free up funds to finally bring Michael Owen in.

Herbert_-_Family_Guy.jpg

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
One thing I never quite understand is when a manager buys a player who's done a brilliant job in a certain 'role' - and then plays them in a different one expecting the same results?

If a player enjoys their football and finds a natural aptitude to playing in a certain way, in a certain position, would logic not dictate that you allow them to carry on doing that - thus getting the very best from them, and the player enjoying his football immensely... ???

I'm probably completely wrong and that was a stupid question, but you often do see 'transformations' when a player gets 'let loose'...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
yes. i know. But the thread title isn't clear and i was responding to WhingforPres who quoted £21m.
Exactly. In the UK we deal in £ sterling, and naturally assume that 21M means £21M. If you want to talk about values in Euros, fine, but specify that you're doing so.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
whatever the price, whatever the outcomes, we can't be selling our best player before the end of the season.

Get a fit and faster Gross and Propper in our side, in the right positions, with decent tam mates and we are comfortably mid table. . . .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need to invest in a couple of quality CMs this summer - and they're going to cost £30M plus each, taking up a huge chunk of our £100M PL money. Although I think Davy is a good player, getting an extra £18 - £20M in would give us more to spend on those fast, creative CMs with 5 or 6 goals a season in them. And it would show a decent profit on Propper anyway.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He was asked about this last week when he was on international duty.

When I read the article he seemed to respond to it in a rather similar way to Shane Duffy being asked about playing for Celtic. Was very much a maybe one day but not yet kind of response, seemed to want to play in the Prem.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
We may not want to sell, but what about Davy?

Davy's shackled in a more defensive position than he's used at an international level and is likely to be fighting relegation often. Ajax may offer him a more attacking role and likely to be pushing for Europe and it's in his native land.

I know what option i'd be choosing if I were Davy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Isn't it nice to know that Top European sides are now ''tracking'' Brighton players ? - And there are some on here who think there has been no progress since Brighton arrived in the PL - Just look at how many go on International Duty during the International Breaks.

This was always gonna be on the cards with Davy - He is a superb player.

Ajax offer Champions League football but Dutch players ''court'' moves to the PL or La Liga or Bundisliga Davy was no different - However, we hold all the Aces on this one because he is on a Long Term contract

All of this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Just typical paper trash talk desperate for a story. It's actually nice some of our players are getting noticed but normal for The Prem. Suspect there will be a lot of this through the summer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here