Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper to Ajax for 21m

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A key midfielder at a good age. No way we should sell. Stephens and Kayal can go

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
£21m is nothing, we certainly wouldn't be able to replace him for that price. He is our most consistant performer especially in midfield

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Propper is our best player imo and think we would be lost in midfield without him. No way should we sell at that price.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He’s better than Stephens and kayal. Need to keep him and upgrade the other two. As well as a striker.

75m on 3 players needed in the summer if we stay up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
(Unless there is something in his contract that mandates it) then there is literally ZERO chance we would sell Davy Pröpper for €21m.

None whatsoever.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we need to shake up the midfield, but Propper is certainly not the weak link. we'd be going backwards if he left.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unfortunately we have never really seen the best of Davy in my opinion. As we know, Chris Hughton somewhat shackles hiis midfield players, and has them all working within a very restrictive system.

For PSV, and indeed for the Netherlands, he played/plays a lot further forward, has more license to roam, provides more forward options, and thus comes up with quite a few goals.

Such a shame we haven't seen him do that for the Albion..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
(Unless there is something in his contract that mandates it) then there is literally ZERO chance we would sell Davy Pröpper for €21m.

None whatsoever.
Indeed, Even £30m would probably be deemed too low when you consider the time and cost of a replacement, not to mention the risk that a replacement wouldn't be as consistent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Exactly, now if it was double that amount, then maybe....

I'd imagine the starting point for talks would be £30m, at today's prices - for a proven, consistent PL performer, at a good age.

I can though, very much believe that Ajax would be interested, and also that he might be open to the idea (might want a move back home / might be tempted by playing in the Champions League, etc).

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not a fan but obviously talented just needs to show it more and definitely needs to toughen up , far to lightweight for the role he’s been asked to play , (yes not his fault) , tricky one but I wouldn’t sell unless he wanted a move .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Might want to up the fee a fair chunk, but wonder if he might enjoy himself a little more as a sometime attacking presence elsewhere. I think he is replaceable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here