Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea - Whats it like getting away from Stamford Bridge

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Coach travel getting away last season was very bad. At least an hour or maybe more stuck in the back road trying to get on to the main road. I'm ready this time with a full B'B'Q and tinnies at the roadside. No rush.
1hr 40mins getting over Putney bridge!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The coach business on Boxing Day was created by the rail replacement buses for Putney Bridge all being stacked along the bus lane over the bridge.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Anyone want to guess what time were likely to park up and be in London? Setting off from Littlehampton on Seagulls travel bus at 2.45pm. Trying to arrange a meet up near by and not sure how much time were going to have.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anyone want to guess what time were likely to park up and be in London? Setting off from Littlehampton on Seagulls travel bus at 2.45pm. Trying to arrange a meet up near by and not sure how much time were going to have.

A24/Chessington/A3/Chelsea not sure how many pick ups you are making, but hitting early London rush hour traffic will probably mean 3 hours on the coach so about 6pm. But there is no certainty in this, just my prediction

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Whenever I've been to Stamford Bridge I've always gone via West Brompton. Plenty of trains to and from Clapham. Nice walk through the Cemetery.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Did the walk to Imperial Wharf as suggested by Barnham's Tash and it was fine. Easy route to walk, train turned up 5 minutes later. Got to Clapham Junction and a Bognor/Eastbourne train arrived 5 minutes later. Definitely doing that again if we go to Chelsea again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Walked all the way back to South Kensington and made the 22:16 from Vic - well pleased

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Also took Barham's Tash advice via Imperial Wharf - met up with the 21.46 from Victoria - Eastbourne train at Clapham J - tucked in bed in E/B just after 23.30

Easiest London evening game ever

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I'm half deaf but i'm sure they said during game for train travellers to head for Earls Court after the game as either no trains or severe delays on the underground
However was in the lower tier, left 5 minutes after final whistle and still got on a train promptly at Fulham Broadway maybe had to wait no more than 5-10 minutes there

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm half deaf but i'm sure they said during game for train travellers to head for Earls Court after the game as either no trains or severe delays on the underground
However was in the lower tier, left 5 minutes after final whistle and still got on a train promptly at Fulham Broadway maybe had to wait no more than 5-10 minutes there

They did say severe delays on the District Line in both directions.

However checked the TFL Service status app, which said problems to Richmond and Ealing Broadway, so no issues on Wimbledon stretch, I waited 2 minutes for a tube to Southfields.

Not the full picture from Chelsea

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I think they said the District line had no trains however Earls Court has Circle and Piccadilly trains the platform was pretty empty (the tube website said district west bound distrupted only) and got to Victoria very fast through the Piccadilly+Victoria I took that route as I was delayed going to the ground on the District but the mistake for me was getting the Gatwick "Express" that doesnt stop at Clapham should have been good but wasnt this time :rant:

I stayed till the end too.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
They did say severe delays on the District Line in both directions.

However checked the TFL Service status app, which said problems to Richmond and Ealing Broadway, so no issues on Wimbledon stretch, I waited 2 minutes for a tube to Southfields.

Not the full picture from Chelsea

Yes thats exactly what I did checked TFL, poor from Chelsea. Also East bound was fine. People were looking for buses and taxis after leaving :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here