Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea - Whats it like getting away from Stamford Bridge

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
What's the best quickest route back to Victoria or Clapham Junction after the game

Away fans at rear of stadium leaving at full time what is a realistic time yo get back to above stations

Fulham Broadway and its queues??

Yomp to Earls Court more tube choice/??

West Brompton and overland to Clapham J ?

A N Other ??

Welcome best advice as not done anight game here before

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
District line from Fulham Broadway. Make sure you're on the right train as changing at Earls Court will be a nightmare.

Also make sure you have funds on your Oyster card as you won't be able to get to a ticket machine, though I think you can also pay contactless as you go through the turnstiles.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Was stuck in traffic for an hour or more last time, so tube has to be better that that!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Was stuck in traffic for an hour or more last time, so tube has to be better that that!

Coach travel getting away last season was very bad. At least an hour or maybe more stuck in the back road trying to get on to the main road. I'm ready this time with a full B'B'Q and tinnies at the roadside. No rush.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Walk straight up the Fulham Road to South Kensington tube. It's a 30 min walk. That way you escape the hoards at the nearer tube stations and get to have a bracing walk to get your circulation going again instead of standing around in queues waiting for trains

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I see a lot of fans walking to Imperial Wharf and/or getting off there for the game. It's about 15 mins.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Walk straight up the Fulham Road to South Kensington tube. It's a 30 min walk. That way you escape the hoards at the nearer tube stations and get to have a bracing walk to get your circulation going again instead of standing around in queues waiting for trains

If you're going to yomp for 30 mins to South Kensington, may as well do the opposite journey to Putney.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Jump on a bus going up Fulham road & use South Ken tube. Won't be that busy. Also lovely part of London near royal Albert hall , it illustrates the difference in living in London. No chavs or muggers to be seen in this lovely part of London. The downside is a 3 bed 1300 sq ft.period house in South Ken with a tiny patio garden average around £3.5 million.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It's only an hour's walk to Victoria if you're feeling energetic. I too was sat in a bloody coach for two hours post match last time trying to get away - walking certainly feels like a preferable option.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Coach travel getting away last season was very bad. At least an hour or maybe more stuck in the back road trying to get on to the main road. I'm ready this time with a full B'B'Q and tinnies at the roadside. No rush.

It's only an hour's walk to Victoria if you're feeling energetic. I too was sat in a bloody coach for two hours post match last time trying to get away - walking certainly feels like a preferable option.

Don't forget last season there was no public transport hence the issues getting away from the group. Hopefully with a full public transport service it should be quicker than last year for those going by coach

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Thanks I was thinking of this - more trains to Clapham J than from West Brompton - Ideally want t get on Eastbourne train that leaves Victoria at 10.47

Imperial Wharf is a 17 minute walk from Stamford Bridge. Headphones in, google maps/Citymapper app directions on and yomp it.

Then you’ve got four trains that will get you to Clapham Junction in time for your Eastbourne train:

5ff2deb1c01658429d83611aa1f22182.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I second that. North West Sussex Seagulls are refusing to lay on a coach this time, as last season we were delayed for the best part of two hours before we could start or journey home.

An absolute nightmare.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I second that. North West Sussex Seagulls are refusing to lay on a coach this time, as last season we were delayed for the best part of two hours before we could start or journey home.

An absolute nightmare.

But last years game was on Boxing day and their was no public transport, but yes it felt like it took over an hour just to reach Putney Bridge.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Imperial Wharf is a 17 minute walk from Stamford Bridge. Headphones in, google maps/Citymapper app directions on and yomp it.

Then you’ve got four trains that will get you to Clapham Junction in time for your Eastbourne train:

5ff2deb1c01658429d83611aa1f22182.jpg

Excellent information - Thanks very much

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here