Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City really struggling to sell tickets?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Assumed this was a daft rumour but they've got these up all over Manchester city centre.

Screenshot_20190401-152425_Gallery.jpg

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Have had adds pop up on my Twitter feed for it several times as well (which seems a bit poorly targeted, unless they're trying to get Brighton fans in the City end). Does seem like they're finding it hard to shift.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They are probably the only PL club I hear regularly hawking tickets to games at the Etihad with ads on national radio.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They are probably the only PL club I hear regularly hawking tickets to games at the Etihad with ads on national radio.

Why would other PL clubs regularly hawk tickets to the Etihad? :moo:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

West Ham do it as well. They take out full page ads in the London Edition of The Metro to sell tickets on a regular basis.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Perhaps they just know they're going to be hopelessly outclassed in every conceivable way? Depressing really, going into a game such underdogs, and having to travel from Chanmester only to lose and miss out on the final - I couldn't put myself through it, I really couldn't.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The same last year too.

Confidently knowing that they tend to blow everyone out of the water to win trophies, they have little interest in a bye (in their eyes) at the semi final stage.

A few more will pop down in May to see the glorious lifting of the trophy, against all odds, by Kompany.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Lets be honest, its not exactly a glamour game for them, spoilt as they have been in recent years. They have already been down to Wembley for the League Cup Final and next Tuesday are there for Tottenham in the CL. Soon after that, its Wembley again for a league game. If you are gonna miss one out, then our game is the no brainer. Its live on BBC1, so everyone can watch it and they fully expect a routine victory.
( ....after 30 mins we all may be wishing we had given it a miss! )

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not their biggest game this week, let alone biggest for a generation. Expensive trip, fully expecting to make the final. Hardly a surprise........

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's expensive and hardly a novelty for them playing at Wembley. If I had to choose between another trip to Wembley or Spurs in the CL, I know which one I'd choose. They could still get through to the next round of the CL and there is a remote chance of a return to Wembley for the FA Cup final.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
West Ham do it as well. They take out full page ads in the London Edition of The Metro to sell tickets on a regular basis.

So do Charlton :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks like they're only interested in the trophy games. Their fans are confident that loads of (Amex) fans will be reselling them tickets for their title parade match in May.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/fa-cup-sf-city-v-brighton-sat-6-apr-17-30.339426/page-37
"Yeah but if brighton are out and secure safety before that game, they are less likely to play out of their skins to cement a place in the team for the final.
Plus brighton fans will more like be willing to flog blues tickets if it is a title winning game as if the past is anything to go by in that scenario brighton will be full of blues without them."

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The irony is that they took around 60,000 fans to the League One play-off final against Gillingham exactly 20 years ago next month. They really were shite back then losing to clubs like York City and being held by sides like Chesterfield, Walsall and Wrexham.

Then in the P.O final, 2-0 down to Gillingham on 90 minutes, two injury time goals (one from Paul Dickov) and now Nicky Weaver has always been a cult hero for saving penalties in the shoot-out. They've never looked back since on the pitch........

I guess we were really in the doldrums as well in League Two and had just finished playing at Pissfield, Gillingham. Micky Adams, Bobby Zamora and Withdean then improved things hugely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here