Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assuming we survive, is CH the right man for 19/20?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
TB will have to make a fairly early call once this campaign is over, to decide whether the recruitment team are recruiting players for CH managing the squad, or maybe someone else.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
See how things are in November. It will be a tough call for Tony if we are in a Huddersfield stylee predicament. Hopefully we will be a more attractive mid table, which is, I am sure, the plan, with better recruitment.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No. Definitely not.

We need a proven winner from one of the top European clubs who will deliver exciting football and trophies.

No point in being in the PL unless we compete properly.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes he is.

And if we do NOT survive ... then he is still the right man for us in 19/20.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a brave person that will answer this question in the negative in the week when Hughton could be taking us to our first FA Cup Final in 36 years.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
would still say yes but we'd need a much better summer with getting players.

Would say we need an improvement

RB
LB
CM
and a couple of forwards

and they need to be players that very much improve what we have. Prob looking at 100m for that lot though

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Depends, I'm a big critic of Hughton but I'm not entirely convinced there's anyone out there who would be much better. I would be interested to see how we recruit into the 4-3-3 we're playing. He has adapted the formation but the tactics remain drab, defensive and slow.

We need to strengthen the midfield IMO with a defensive midfielder with a good range of passing - Stephen's is inconsistent, his pass to pick out Knocky at Palarse was fantastic but we don't see it enough. I'd like us to be more risky away against the top 6, unless of course we look like we're about to take a big beating. I'd like us to be more aggressive and attacking at home. What we saw against Southampton was unacceptable of the highest order, but the truth is, how we set up was the cause of that shit show.

I'm not completely convinced Hughton has the tactical flexibility to adapt though, but conversely, cannot see an alternative.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To those saying no, who do you think we could/should get instead?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No. Definitely not.

We need a proven winner from one of the top European clubs who will deliver exciting football and trophies.

No point in being in the PL unless we compete properly.

What sort of trophies do you envisage us winning? We are still relatively new to the Premier League, in only our second ever season at this level., and just staying there has to be our absolute prority at the moment.

Yes, next season it would be nice, with the benefit of a bit of experience, to push on a little bit, but I really can't see us being any more than a mid table side at best. For my money simply finishing no lower than 17th this season represents success. We really do all need to be rea\listic about our capabilities.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No. This season has been dismal. More of the same next season is a very gloomy prospect.
If we get rid of Hughton we can have a team of freescoring unicorns next season.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
See how things are in November. It will be a tough call for Tony if we are in a Huddersfield stylee predicament. Hopefully we will be a more attractive mid table, which is, I am sure, the plan, with better recruitment.

like we have been saying for a while ....we need a quality midfield dynamo , a proven 25 goal forward and beef and burgundy pies for next season ....we are home and hosed.

perhaps an attacking/goal scoring coach , you know , like someone who can get them going forward with confidence.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes

Get past the difficult second season syndrome, and we will moving into solid mid table terrority with more regular Wembley appearances than the current 36 years apart

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
TB will have to make a fairly early call once this campaign is over, to decide whether the recruitment team are recruiting players for CH managing the squad, or maybe someone else.....

He's made that call already.
Dan Ashworth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here