Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assuming we survive, is CH the right man for 19/20?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's a brave person that will answer this question in the negative in the week when Hughton could be taking us to our first FA Cup Final in 36 years.

There has been about 4 threads with the same theme this week. This one is clear winner of foolishness competition. And I know I am biased on the subject but out of the 92 clubs in the football league. There probably around 70 of the cubs who would bite Brighton's hand off to take CH as their Manager.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes.

We compete in the bargain basement in transfers by PL standards, and have largely been steered away from relegation worries, even though we are now too close for comfort. At the start of both seasons, I'd have happily taken 5 or 6 points clear of the 18th with 8 to play.

Transfer business will be critical as always in the summer and we need the kind of impact success we got from Gross and Izquierdo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes it's rediculous to think otherwise.

The same as it is to think CH I infallible.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
like we have been saying for a while ....we need a quality midfield dynamo , a proven 25 goal forward and beef and burgundy pies for next season ....we are home and hosed.

perhaps an attacking/goal scoring coach , you know , like someone who can get them going forward with confidence.

And how much do you think all that is going to cost? , the beef and burgundy pies being especially expensive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes.

We compete in the bargain basement in transfers by PL standards, and have largely been steered away from relegation worries, even though we are now too close for comfort. At the start of both seasons, I'd have happily taken 5 or 6 points clear of the 18th with 8 to play.

Transfer business will be critical as always in the summer and we need the kind of impact success we got from Gross and Izquierdo.

Sensible post.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
If we get rid of Hughton we can have a team of freescoring unicorns next season.

Zidane would be good as he wants to sign Pogba , although i would settle for Kovac :
not won anything yet but took Eintracht Frankfurt (who i love since Fans Utd)
into Europe and he might be in need of a job should BVB beat Bayern in Munich next weekend

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Any of those in the Premier League?

Most Certainly the 3 clubs who go down would and the ones who come up if they struggle, they would as well if their Manager doesn't last the course beyond November next year.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bored of this whispering campaign against CH now. Who else you going to get in? Bung a couple of mil for 18 months work til they get sacked again at Dancing Alan or Schteve or any other member of the English Serial Loser Managers Club? They'll gladly take our money and happily go through the motions.

Could maybe be some valid criticism of CH's over-reliance on his Championship (and Championship LEVEL) players. But maybe the appointment of Dan! Dan! will put a block on the recruitment team pissing millions up the wall on speculative punts on non-PL-proven players from here, there and everywhere. Some of them don't even have work permits to play in this country FFS.

Just needs one or two 'marquee signings' who need 'time to gel' as measured in a month or two, rather than a transfer window or two. Remember? Like we used to do? Seemed to work quite well at the time :shrug:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
would still say yes but we'd need a much better summer with getting players.

Would say we need an improvement

RB
LB
CM
and a couple of forwards

and they need to be players that very much improve what we have. Prob looking at 100m for that lot though[/QUOT

RB ? LB ? hmm who are we looking at .

CM i agree totally .....we need an engine , it may be Bissouma but not next season .

we are in dire need of a couple more savvy , goal scoring forwards.....splash out on Mitrovic...?? he's the type/standard of player we are after , him and Andone could be carnage...!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Any of those in the Premier League?
At least 10 club owners would look at their seasons since CH has been in the PL and conclude he would have done a better job then their manager(s).

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
We are 15th in the Premier League, in only our 2nd season in it. We are not bottom or even in the relegation zone, we are off to Wembley on Saturday for a Semi-Final. I think he is doing alright, what do you think TB ask of him before the season, top 6? It's the Premier League, it will be tough.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If I had spunked all the money TB has last summer after our first year with the big boys I would have liked to have seen some sort of improvement.
That has happened at all really and I think he may look around for another manager in the summer to improve our playing style and our attacking options

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Depends, I'm a big critic of Hughton but I'm not entirely convinced there's anyone out there who would be much better. ....

That's the other side of the coin of course. There's a story about Oldham when Andy Ritchie was manager. They were struggling, and at one game "Ritchie out!" chants could be heard. Hearing these one fan turned round and shouted "Shut up you morons! Or we'll get Alan Ball!" There was a pause, and then a chant of: "There's only one Andy Ritchie!"

Also I always remember the sorry (and salutary) tale of Sheffield Wednesday when they sacked Trevor Francis. They were mid-table, but the chairman at the time said "Yes, we're mid-table, but mid-table isn't good enough for Sheffield Wednesday". And this wasn't mid table in the Championship, btw, oh no, this was mid table in the Premier League!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
IF we survive, then yes, he should certainly start 2019-20.

But there needs to be - and I'm sure there will be - a proper sit-down with Bloom, Barber, Hughton and any others to dissect what has gone wrong this season. That will be a wide-ranging discussion taking in recruitment, existing personnel, tactics, training, treatment of injuries, and anything else necessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here