Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Run In - who has the hardest ?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Burnley, definitely them.

Their last four matches are horrible but they should be safe by then and Everton away they might nick a point anyway.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
So, by extension, we can lose to Cardiff but we'll be OK as long as we pick up 2-3 points elsewhere?

Still think 36 will be enough but it would probably be on goal difference.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Shows how big that win for Burnley was on Saturday and how fortunate they were to be playing a semi finalist then. Their run in is tough. Without that win I think they would have gone but now it will probably be Cardiff.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
If Cardiff turn over Burnley, then Burnley could be the team most in danger.

Mind you, that's assuming we don't blow it - three winnable home matches left - but so too were Burnley and Southampton, and look how many points we got from those two. Still think we'll stay up, but a lot less confident than I was a couple of weeks ago - that performance against Southampton was hugely worrying and very disappointing.

Plus we managed to lose 4-2 away at Fulham - and we only just got out of jail in the home game against them as well. Basically for us there is no such thing as a 'winnable' game as just when you think we can't play any worse against a relegation-threatened team - we manage it .When we're looking for where the points will come from we might well do a typical Brighton thing and get them against the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal rather than Cardiff, Newcastle and Bournemouth.

Well I can dream.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are pretty much over the line if we beat Bournemouth.

A point v Chelsea would be very valuable as well.

Oh and I've switched to being a BIG Arsenal fan - for tonight only, of course.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Plus we managed to lose 4-2 away at Fulham - and we only just got out of jail in the home game against them as well. Basically for us there is no such thing as a 'winnable' game as just when you think we can't play any worse against a relegation-threatened team - we manage it .When we're looking for where the points will come from we might well do a typical Brighton thing and get them against the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal rather than Cardiff, Newcastle and Bournemouth.

Well I can dream.

I think we should have beaten Fulham at home on balance. Groß missing the penalty cost us dearly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Those three home games are winnable. That doesn't necessarily mean we will win them.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Sorry if already mentioned but Ole will face his former team at Old Trafford on the final day of the season. If they have a top four place sewn up can see him doing them a favour by playing the under 9's.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Cardiff will fight like caged pitbulls against us...it will probably be the ugliest, nastiest, wingefest any of us have ever witnessed and we really don't like to play against teams that come at us. I think the Bournemouth and Newcastle games are more likely to be the home games where we can pick up points.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Based on the entirely scientific formula of working out the average league position for the teams left to play then we currently have the hardest run in.

(I've discounted Huddersfield now they are down and their average is 7 anyway)

Brighton 8.375
Burnley 8.66
Palace 8.85
Cardiff 10.14
Southampton 10.71
Fulham 11.66

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Last season
WBA W (H), L (A)
Stoke D (H) D (A)
Swansea W (H) W (H)

This season
Hudds W (H) W (A)
Fulham D (H) L (A)
Cardiff L (A)

P 11, W 5, D 3, L3

I see what you’ve done there, some nicely selected stats.
How about we include the other teams embroiled in the relegation scrap. Last season Huddersfield and Southampton finished between the bottom three and ourselves, this season Southampton and Burnley currently occupy 16th and 17th.

Last season
WBA W (H), L (A)
Stoke D (H) D (A)
Swansea W (H) W (H)
Huddersfield L (A) D (H)
Southampton D (A) D (H)

This season
Hudds W (H) W (A)
Fulham D (H) L (A)
Cardiff L (A)
Southampton D (A) L (H)
Burnley L (A) L (H)

P 19 W 5, D 7 , L 7

Doesn’t make for such easy reading when you look at the bigger picture.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Cardiff will fight like caged pitbulls against us...it will probably be the ugliest, nastiest, wingefest any of us have ever witnessed and we really don't like to play against teams that come at us. I think the Bournemouth and Newcastle games are more likely to be the home games where we can pick up points.

Cardiff will come for the win, we don’t cope very well with that sort of strategy.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Those three home games are winnable. That doesn't necessarily mean we will win them.

Well all games are winnable, after all Palace managed to win away at Man City. But obviously yes, given the relative strength of the squads, we've got more chance of winning at home to Newcastle than we have away at Spurs for example. However you could revert your comment slightly and say "Those games are loseable, but it doesn't necessarily mean we will lose them"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ANY neutral would look at it and see that Cardiff won't catch us. The bookies odds are a demonstration of this

We have a better run in
We have home games. They have less.
We have more points
We have to play them at home
We have a much better goal difference

However, when it's YOUR team :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports