Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Tory Party are ....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Evil scum or maybe a misinformed and bad idea. History shows all governments get some things right and other things wrong.
Surely tackling knife crime is a positive? I’m not saying this policy would work but exploring ideas must be done. We can blame police cuts for an increase in it but it’s not the only reason. Anyone can go to a kitchen pick up a knife put it in their pocket and go stab someone. Some of these people have killed others in broad dayligh in crowded streetst. No matter what police you have to the street you can’t stop that. Educating people earlier, breaking a gang culture and getting into the estates where this type of violence is currently an almost everyday thing needs to be done. It’s a long hard road to do it but it can be done.
Evil scum are people wielding the knives not people trying to think of ideas badly or not to help the issue.
MPs want to try and help go to a loca estate learn and speak to people who have lived through it.

The figures suggest the rise in knife crime is a direct result of Tory police cuts.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"evil" to report something, that you admit already obliged to report. :shrug: obviously you got a bite out of me, i think this may be a april fools thread.

Don’t be so deliberately daft. The consequences are the difference. That and the timely announcement.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I know irrelevantly that Karl Marx and George Orwell are old Etonians but unaware of any current Labour MP being one.

You are correct. "2010 was the first time since 1923, not a single Old Etonian was returned as a Labour MP". But I did not say there were any current Labour MPs.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The figures suggest the rise in knife crime is a direct result of Tory police cuts.

Depends what you want to read. Personally there are many different reasons for an increase in knife crime and many different points to consider as I have already made some. Some could have been prevented some not. Javid’s policy to increase stop and search powers for police should be seen as a positive. But that is not going to solve knife crime and neither is sticking 1000 more officers on the street. 24 hours in police Custody is an ideal example. 3 males in a shopping centre battering each other with knives and machetes.
You have to get to the root of the problem. I don’t think holding people responsible for not reporting things is the right way per say but there needs to be a way forward to tackle the issue and ideas need to be explored.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

One thing of which I am certain is that it is completely impossible to give a cause-effect attribution to anything done once. This is, paradoxically, one of the human species' great strengths as well as weaknesses - the inclination to draw conclusions based on little or no evidence. It is the reason that having dodged a sabre tooth tiger once we conclude it is dangerous and don't go after it later with a saucer of milk, calling 'puss, puss, puss' (to paraphrase the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band). It is also the reason that people can brand all tories as scum, or all Muslims as terrorists, all young women in short skirts as 'asking for it'. It reveals little more than our subliminal imperatives (sometimes known as prejudices') - which are sometimes right and sometimes wrong, determined by chance alone - not the best basis for running a nightclub (to paraphrase Peter Cook).

Even I have allowed my self to riff on the 'all politicians are self-serving' meme for comedic effect, but the reality is that most of them (yes, most) are well intentioned. Unfortunately you can't do any good if you can't get elected (Earth to Corbyn....) and you can't get elected if the electorate don't like the cut of your jib (Earth to....you get my drift). So there is always a need to guauge how much of the element of compromise to offer (it can never be 'no compromise with the electorate, as Militant found to their cost in a lesson not learned by momentum).

This one sounds like yet another possible lot of unintended consequences. The one thing I will conceded here is that the Conservatives are beginning to make a habit of generating unacceptable unintended consequences via showboating; poll tax, Brexit, all things immigration......and it may be reasonable to argue that when a party keeps doing the same type of thing in a misguided attempt to appease more extreme elements in society and their own party, it is reasonable to draw a conclusion (to misquote Einstein).

The tragedy is that Corbyn is worse. At least the tories try to curry favour with the electorate. Corbyn acts like he couldn't give a toss what people outside of momentum think.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry yes, doctors, nurses, you know...NHS staff. Teachers too.

I guess I’ll wait for some sensible people to find this thread. Usual crowd of numpties on here so far.

All I see is people understandably slaughtering you for what is a dreadful grammatical error. Obviously you don't like having that picked up, but it does seem you're very like the "Tory's" - happy to blame everyone else for their own f*ck ups. :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One thing of which I am certain is that it is completely impossible to give a cause-effect attribution to anything done once. This is, paradoxically, one of the human species' great strengths as well as weaknesses - the inclination to draw conclusions based on little or no evidence. It is the reason that having dodged a sabre tooth tiger once we conclude it is dangerous and don't go after it later with a saucer of milk, calling 'puss, puss, puss' (to paraphrase the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band). It is also the reason that people can brand all tories as scum, or all Muslims as terrorists, all young women in short skirts as 'asking for it'. It reveals little more than our subliminal imperatives (sometimes known as prejudices') - which are sometimes right and sometimes wrong, determined by chance alone - not the best basis for running a nightclub (to paraphrase Peter Cook).

Even I have allowed my self to riff on the 'all politicians are self-serving' meme for comedic effect, but the reality is that most of them (yes, most) are well intentioned. Unfortunately you can't do any good if you can't get elected (Earth to Corbyn....) and you can't get elected if the electorate don't like the cut of your jib (Earth to....you get my drift). So there is always a need to guauge how much of the element of compromise to offer (it can never be 'no compromise with the electorate, as Militant found to their cost in a lesson not learned by momentum).

This one sounds like yet another possible lot of unintended consequences. The one thing I will conceded here is that the Conservatives are beginning to make a habit of generating unacceptable unintended consequences via showboating; poll tax, Brexit, all things immigration......and it may be reasonable to argue that when a party keeps doing the same type of thing in a misguided attempt to appease more extreme elements in society and their own party, it is reasonable to draw a conclusion (to misquote Einstein).

The tragedy is that Corbyn is worse. At least the tories try to curry favour with the electorate. Corbyn acts like he couldn't give a toss what people outside of momentum think.

Clamp, I think that’s what kids call being ‘owned’ :)

Very well articulated HWT!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All I see is people understandably slaughtering you for what is a dreadful grammatical error. Obviously you don't like having that picked up, but it does seem you're very like the "Tory's" - happy to blame everyone else for their own f*ck ups. :lolol:

I admitted my grammatical **** up.

Get yourself a life Simster. You’re a bitter old tart.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Clamp, I think that’s what kids call being ‘owned’ :)

Very well articulated HWT!

I think it’s what’s called a sensible answer. It might be being “owned” if I were five years old. Us adults don’t think in those terms.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m perfectly “light”. I just happen to think you’re a bit of a sad act.

You're not though are you. Slaughtered for your toddler level grammatical error, you've since been bleating on here that everyone else who has pulled you up for it is somehow the deficient one. I'm apparently a sad act, someone else hasn't "owned" you after all (a phrase you've used many times in the past), someone else suggests you're overdoing it and you stroppily say it's "the usual crowd of numpties so far".

Actually, Crimpster, it's you. You're the nob, you're the sad act, and you're the illiterate simpleton. Again. :lolol:

Looking forward to you offering me out or something equally laughable shortly. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here