Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature - 2nd Round - Match 2 - Tasmanian Devil v Jaguar

Who's the hardest?

• Tasmanian Devil

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Jaguar

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 21.50.40.png

Here we go with the second match up in this year’s group of 16 and this one is very much the battle of the bite forces. It’s all about the teeth, people!

Tasmanian Devil

Tasmanian Devil.jpg

Introducing last year’s beaten quarter finalist. The Tasmanian Devil was seen off by a triumphant Polar Bear in 2018 but there’s certainly no shame in that. Anything named after The Devil must have a little something of the night about it. Popular culture dictates that the Tasmanian Devil is a head mental loon however; in the real world it tends to keep it’s a Game in the forest. Not known for attacking people, it will eat just about, devouring whole carcasses, bones and all. It achieves this with a bite force measuring 56.4 kgf (kilogram force): the strongest relative to body size of any living mammalian carnivore. Its day to day routine involves scrapping and rough sex, like a hairy David Lynch movie.

Here’s the critter complete with bloodcurdling scream…

Jaguar

Jaguar.jpg

The Jaguar made its WHC debut in 2017 and was only narrowly pipped at the post in the semi-final by that year’s victor, the Honey Badger. However, 2018 was something of a fallow year for the Jag, as it failed to make it out the group stage. Will 2019 be a comeback year this apex predator? Make no mistake. The Jag is a brute and a master of the ambush. If there’s one of these with your name on, content yourself with the fact you’ll know very little about it. It will stalk, pounce and crush your skull with a single skilfully executed crunch, weighing in with a ludicrous bite force of 503.6 kgf. Don’t bother climbing a tree. It can do that too. Fancy running into the sea? There’s a reasonable chance it will follow you. Basically, you can run but it’s very, very hard to hide.

Here we see the Jag taking out a Caiman. Holy Hell!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
First cock up. This poll was only given two days instead of four. Best get voting quickly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Taz for me.

I can see this being a tight battle. It's the equivalent of Denmark vs Nigeria though. The winner is unlikely to make it beyond the next round.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
My daughter actually encountered a Jaguar while volunteering in Costa Rica last year. She was out on a beach survey when she spotted one about 50 yards away.

It didn't eat her* and she wasn't even armed. Doesn't seem that hard?

*which I am really very happy about

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Remember that this was the one match with a short poll, which closes early tomorrow morning. Best get in there soon if you have something to say. With just two votes in it your vote could make all the difference.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My daughter actually encountered a Jaguar while volunteering in Costa Rica last year. She was out on a beach survey when she spotted one about 50 yards away.

It didn't eat her* and she wasn't even armed. Doesn't seem that hard?

*which I am really very happy about

It wasn't hungry.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The jaguar is just an overgrown pussy cat and with people voting for the Jaguar because "he looks cool" ??? - vote Devil

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The jaguar is just an overgrown pussy cat and with people voting for the Jaguar because "he looks cool" ??? - vote Devil
Alternatively people are voting for Taz just because he's and ugly get who looks hard, rather than actual hardness. The Jag gets my vote.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
And the Jag is there. A decent enough battle but the Jag showed its class. It will have its work cut out in the quarters though as it comes face to face with the big beasts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here