Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XII - 2nd Round - Match 1 - Great White Shark v Seagull

Who's the hardest?

• Great White Shark

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Seagull

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 21.50.40.png

Good evening. I’m Chris Packham and I’m bringing you NSC’s continuing coverage of WHC XII.

So here we go. The phoney war is over. Our competitors have jostled for position in the early stages but now it gets serious. WHC XII enters the knockout phase with this, the most intriguing of ties. A doughty stalwart of the competition goes toe to toe with an urban warrior. I can see our two battlers entering the arena now so let’s take a look at the tale of the tape.

Great White Shark

Great White.jpg

The GWS had efficiently gone about its business being one of the meanest, most ferocious and hardest ******** in the ocean for millions of years before Peter Benchley unleashed it on an unsuspecting public. 45 years in the public spotlight haven’t dimmed humankind’s awe of this total sea brawler. The GWS fell at this stage last year when it was unfortunate to come up against defeated finalist and perennial WHC favourite, the Honey Badger.

With only the occasional Orca for competition, this grey carnivorous missile glides from kill to kill, taking out pretty much anything that swims. Turtles, seals, dolphins, rays and other sharks all fund their way onto its menu. A reputation for unprovoked attacks provides the GWS with impeccable “hard” credentials. It is the proud owner of the strongest bite force in the ocean. It bears teeth like a rack of kitchen knives and is generally regarded as the shark species responsible for the most human fatalities. A real challenger for the title and will be looking to go deep into the tournament in 2019.

One from the GWS showreel…

Seagull

Seagull.png

Fresh from it's Blue Planet triumph, the Seagull obviously has some kudos with the NSC faithful but friends in high places can only take you so far. The Seagull is here in the knockout round on merit. Gulls of one form or another have effectively colonised every corner of the planet, even being found at both poles. Do not be misled by its humble appearance. The Seagull is highly adaptive and a versatile hunter with the ability to take out its prey in the air, at sea or on land. It also has bags of attitude to match. Who of us hasn’t had to fend off one of these little buggers at some time or another? The Seagull made the news in 2017 as the number of reported of attacks on people rocketed; displaying just the “don’t give a shit” approach required in this competition.

You now you’re hard when YouTube declares you evil…

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
And look at that Seagull go! While it's early days in the polling, the Feathered Fury has come out... er... flying. The Great White seems a little unsure of how to approach this. Do we have a shock on our hands?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
GWS is a victim of it's own size and strength - has precious little chance to do anything hard. Always gonna struggle here.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Seagull any day of the week,they are double hard bast***s with attitude to match,I have had dealings with them and always come off second best.Do not f**k with them!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The Seagull is really sticking it to the GWS. Can it hold on to the end and a well deserved bag of stolen chips?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Unusually the seagulls have made a fast start to this...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here