Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Seagull snatches it right at the end to give BBC Blues

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The end of Blue Planet Live was absolute TV gold and will be on blopper shows for ever! Howling with laughter, especially after all the speeches from presenters about looking after our wildlife, they release a baby turtle and in swoops everyone’s favourite seabird who even returns for a mocking encore, wing aloft, as the credits role :lolol:

Well played Mr Seagull, let’s hope you’re a sign for next weekend - I nominate our feathered friend be called ‘Sneaky George’ in honour of Mr Parris all those years ago!

Sign him UP!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shocking scenes, needed to be nearer the water:eek:

It was so obviously the case and yet it was close enough to make Sneaky George’s entrance the greatest heist since three minis entered Turin

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I didn't know if I should laugh or cry, all series they have been banging on about how only a few from thousands will grow into adult turtles and these poor buggers were still stuck in the hole and would not have made it to the sea anyway, so instead the presenter feeds it to a seagull.
She will be gutted, fair play to the cameraman who very quickly moved the shot, but not quite quick enough.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Could not believe letting the turtles free , without checking around for danger , pretty basic thing to do ,

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not sure what the problem is! Surely it's just the circle of life?

Not in this case, the whole point of the project was to make sure that the baby turtles at least got to the sea to give them a chance of surviving and these 6 were still stuck in the nest hole further up the beach, the seagull that was waiting behind the presenter stuck its beak in and snatched one.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
The end of Blue Planet Live was absolute TV gold and will be on blopper shows for ever! Howling with laughter, especially after all the speeches from presenters about looking after our wildlife, they release a baby turtle and in swoops everyone’s favourite seabird who even returns for a mocking encore, wing aloft, as the credits role :lolol:

Well played Mr Seagull, let’s hope you’re a sign for next weekend - I nominate our feathered friend be called ‘Sneaky George’ in honour of Mr Parris all those years ago!

Sign him UP!

I was only half watching but believed that's what I saw.

Hopefully the Seagulls will be as ruthless live on the BBC Saturday.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Could not believe letting the turtles free , without checking around for danger , pretty basic thing to do ,
I said that to the Mrs, surely most turtles hatch at night and under the cover of darkness make a mad dash for the sea? Or did I dream that?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well, I particularly loved old lispy Packham talking about a photo of Eart taken from a Billion miles in space by Voyager.

The Earth must be a loooot bigger than I thought because it was the size of a ping pong ball. clearly a Billion miles isn’t as far as I thought.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I watched it last night with Mrs Crodo and asked why Michaela Strachan and Terry Nutkins weren't doing it. Then I googled to find our Nutkins died 7 years ago.

:nono:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well, I particularly loved old lispy Packham talking about a photo of Eart taken from a Billion miles in space by Voyager.

The Earth must be a loooot bigger than I thought because it was the size of a ping pong ball. clearly a Billion miles isn’t as far as I thought.

I suppose it depends on if he means an American Billion or a UK Billion or are they the same nowadays?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here