Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who on here thinks they have a good chance of being alive on 1st Jan 2100?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ask me again, later.

Much, much later............................
You could try asking me on my 150th. birthday, perhaps?

JimothyJames95

Jan 2, 2019
Eastbourne
Considering there is talk of them growing hearts and other organs via stem cell research and a chance of this being the norm within the 15-20 years, I would say the chance could be quite high.

Unless you get hit by a train. Can’t imagine they would be able to grow you back. No matter how much soil and manure they use..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'll probably be in a care home somewhere in Sussex watching the Albion v Barcelona in the final of the Intergalactic Barber Cup.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I hope not. We can hardly afford to look after the elderly that we do have and the average life expectancy is around 78. If we keep people going past 100 we will be unable to support them unless we make them work until they are 80.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Why is Timmy persisting in using this account? If he wants to post, why not use the old account? Oh, wait...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Life expectancy goes up in the UK by around 2 years per decade, so if trends continue, the average age of death will be 104 for men in 2100.

So assuming the trend does continue, to be alive in 2100 with an average life expectancy, you must be 23 today.

But of course 104 is an average, if you're healthy you could be in your 30's or even 40's and still live to see 2100.

It's unlikely the life expectancy trend will continue though, there are surely going to be scientific advances that may mean it increases exponentially - such as a cure to cancer or dementia, brain or spinal chord transplants, artificial bodies, stem cell advances to grow new organs or limbs, or a discovery to pause or even reverse senescence (ageing).

In the other direction, there could be things that drastically reduce our life expectancies - such as nuclear war, famine caused by climate change, societal collapse, alien invasion.

At the end of the day, who knows. Let's just assume the future is average - if you're 23 and healthy, you will probably live to see 2100. The older than that you are, the less likely it is you will... but you might.

I like you... but you scare me. ???

:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't think of anything more depressing, and I was at the game yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here