Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team selection next 3 games

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Will be interesting to see how Hughton reacts to the dire performance on Saturday - arguably the most important game to get right is Bournemouth on the 13th so who plays at Chelsea ? rest players for the semifinal?.... mmmm perhaps not but does he go with the same or does he give Kayal . Izzy, Locadia and Andone a chance - if fit.
Murray looked exceedingly disinterested and hacked off ploughing his lonely furrow . Team for Wembley - who cares , its a fun day out as far as I'm concerned - as long as we're not embarrassed. Thoughts?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I would play Andone ahead of Murray against Chelsea and against Man City. AK and AJ would both play against Man City but probably not (start) against Chelsea. So against Chelsea the back 5 would be as Saturday , relatively defensive midfield as well. Saturday - I would like to see Button and Burn (probably won't happen) - too soon to think about the Bournemouth match other than to say we should set up to win.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hughton certainly shouldn't play that team again after such a dire performance.

Questions:
Some on here have said the wing is not Ali J's normal position. So what did we buy him as? A striker? A number 10? The guy has undoubtedly got skill, but has yet to really gel in the team. Could he be played as one of a front two with Locadia (who seems to be improving game by game) or Andone?
One thing we clearly lacked on Saturday was pace while on the bench was our paciest winger, Izquierdo. Why hasn't he been given more game time since his comeback from injury?
What is the news on Andone's injury? He's been out for a long time with a pre-match injury.

I'd like to see Burn given a game either on Wednesday or Saturday probably in place of Dunk who hasn't looked his best recently, and I'd like to see two up front (any two from AJ, Locadia, Andone (if fit)). Izquierdo plus March or Knockaert on the wings.

We have to have some real changes to the line-up. We can't have a continuation of this walking-pace game plan. Please please give us something to cheer about.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I would start with the same team who started on Saturday and tell them to prove their worth it not you ain't starting at Wembley.

Let's be honest it is the best XI available maybe the only changes you could make are March or Izzy coming in or if fit Andone up top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here