Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens says we were unlucky to lose

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Deluded. Brainwashed. Possibly complacent. Definitely under achieving, clearly last season quite a few players had their best ever season and over achieved.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We did hit the post with a shot the keeper had given up... and could have had a penalty. Other than that we were awful

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You must have been watching a different game to me then Dale.

It's worrying to hear a comment like that. Does he really believe that? I'm all for positive comments but maybe some players are getting a bit complacent? I hope not because if they are then we are in real trouble

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/march/stephens-we-were-unlucky-to-lose/

I think there is some justification in that, and it is very different to saying "we deserved to win".

I wasn't there yesterday and have only seen very brief highlights on Sky this morning. My brother texting said we were sub-poor. I saw enough on the official match thread to know what was going on. The Argus said it was dismal.

But we did hit the bar in the 2nd half, we did have a penalty turned down which, although it might have been harsh, both pundits on SKY thought should have been given.

With both those incidents going slightly differently we could have played rubbish and still won 2-1, so being unlucky to lose is not too far fetched. He didn't say we were brilliant and were running rings around them.o

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You must have been watching a different game to me then Dale

Whilst we were a million miles away from winning the game, I don’t recall Ryan being tested too much. Southampton played the perfect away game but they did not rip us to pieces by any means. If they’d not got that goal, it would have been a draw.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Technically he is right in that we lost because we gave them the opportunity to win rather than they won at a canter. Yes we were out played for most of the game but I can only think of one save needed by our keeper and the one goal they scored , no other real chances much like our own team had the odd chance but little else.

Losing was caused by our own team making a mistake , but then I could not see us winning yesterday either , slightly deserved their win but was pretty poor by both teams if truth be told.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Unlucky to lose?

Dale, we were utter TOILET, mate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Struggling to see how such a lacklustre performance can be classed as being unlucky. You have to make your own luck in football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here