Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back, Sack or Crack

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Back, Sack or Crack

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

How many fans will put up with more boring negative home performances?

One last thread from me because of the Brexit shite and crap negative football that so many of you have previously backed I decided to ditch NSC after 9,999 posts.

But because I wanted to see a defined list of where the fans stand now.

As some may know Hughton's football was never my type of football and that goes from the start, and nothing has changed for me, he walks along a tightrope that is 4 foot wide with 12-foot deep airbags either side.

This will never be my type of football even if it is my beloved Brighton and Hove Albion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Makes no difference what we think CH will still be manager when we kick off next season, whichever division we are in. No kneejerks from TB imo

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
The 'project' is still in it's infancy, finance wise....there needs to be good signings in the close season.
I'm not sure CH has the tactical nous for this division, so it may be kinder to off-hire him with a bit of compo one way or another.

D

Deleted member 2719

Makes no difference what we think CH will still be manager when we kick off next season, whichever division we are in. No kneejerks from TB imo

But would it really be kneejerk???

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It looked like we set ourselves up for a draw at home to Southampton and paid the price this time.
I still can't believe we did that.
But as it stands we could stay up, we could win the FA Cup and we could be playing in Europe next season.
I will wait until the season has finished.
But we certainly got it all wrong yesterday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh, we're back to the sack Hughton threads again.

I thought he was awesome again.

Fickle.

He'll be here at the end of the season and if we go down.

Back obviously but he needs a better dealings in the transfer market as the squad building has largely failed this season to push the team forward given natural wear and tear. Also needs less loyalty to players who will take us down next season unless we are very careful

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sack is harsh... more like "Thanks for everything, we will be forever grateful, but we want something different next season" for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Back, by buying an quality CM with pace, ball retention and assists/goals.

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], you’ll be back soon. A couple of others said their fond farewells not so long ago, but soon reappeared. NSC is bloody addictive.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
But would it really be kneejerk???

Who would you think we could realistically get in who could do a better job? Understand why Hughtons pragmatic approach won't please everyone, but it takes most clubs a few seasons to establish themselves in the Premier League and for us it was always going to be a slow build process.Think most of us realistic were aware at the start of the season that it was going to be a season where we were going to be in the relegation mix.

D

Deleted member 2719

Back obviously but he needs a better dealings in the transfer market as the squad building has largely failed this season to push the team forward given natural wear and tear. Also needs less loyalty to players who will take us down next season unless we are very careful

But it's in Hughton's makeup, defend defend defend if he had Liverpool's front 3 he would end up pulling them back to defend or dropping them from the squad. That's what he does.

I am frustrated by his negativity in games that are winnable, and I am currently not even paying to watch it!

I suppose a question I should have asked who will renew their ST to watch that every week???

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
But it's in Hughton's makeup, defend defend defend if he had Liverpool's front 3 he would end up pulling them back to defend or dropping them from the squad. That's what he does.

I am frustrated by his negativity in games that are winnable, and I am currently not even paying to watch it!

I suppose a question I should have asked who will renew their ST to watch that every week???

It's as if he is saying to the players you are not good enough against a team that are worse than us.
That cannot help the confidence and moral of the players.

As I'm a supporter, I will

D

Deleted member 2719

Back, by buying an quality CM with pace, ball retention and assists/goals.

[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], you’ll be back soon. A couple of others said their fond farewells not so long ago, but soon reappeared. NSC is bloody addictive.

I had a dry Feb on here and realised that it is possible to live without NSC.

So because of Brexit and Hughton's negative football, I find NSC has too much tension and why would I want to spend my life constantly getting involved in it.

All good things come to an end.

D

Deleted member 2719

As I'm a supporter, I will

I get how some people would say that.

But I have currently become more of a fan because I love to watch the Albion PLAY football and not destroy football and this is led from management, not the players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I had a dry Feb on here and realised that it is possible to live without NSC.

So because of Brexit and Hughton's negative football, I find NSC has too much tension and why would I want to spend my life constantly getting involved in it.

All good things come to an end.

You are right. I sometimes give political threads a miss for months. The lighter, happier NSC’ers, I can think of three immediately, steer clear of them altogether.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Who would you think we could realistically get in who could do a better job? Understand why Hughtons pragmatic approach won't please everyone, but it takes most clubs a few seasons to establish themselves in the Premier League and for us it was always going to be a slow build process.Think most of us realistic were aware at the start of the season that it was going to be a season where we were going to be in the relegation mix.

We are always going to be in the relegation mix, that's the problem. Realistically, we all know we are unlikely to get anywhere near challenging for a Europa league spot. Question is, when you say it takes a few seasons, how many do you mean. Also, to get established, you need to improve. At the moment it looks like we'll be worse than last year in both position and points tally.

As for Hughton, no point doing anything now but relegated or stay up by the skin of our teeth, need to do something in the close season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here