Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Some Lighter Moments From The Amex Yesterday

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
These made me chuckle...

- Line of about 20 earnest Asian tourists walking single file away from the club shop before the game, all clutching Albion goodie bags and led by an archetypal tour guide holding a flag high in the air so that her charges wouldn't stray :lol:

- Ring Of Fire almost playing all the way to the end before the game finally kicked off. Lasted bloody ages :lol:

- Murray, waiting for a corner to be taken, helping himself to huge GLUGS from the Southampton keeper's water bottle :lol:

Easily amused or what? :moo:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Some good banter from the crowd behind me yesterday. Lino on the East side was hopeless and one fan shouts "LINO... YOU'RE CRAP... YOU'LL NEVER BE ON FIFA 20 AT THIS RATE..."

:lolol:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Some good banter from the crowd behind me yesterday. Lino on the East side was hopeless and one fan shouts "LINO... YOU'RE CRAP... YOU'LL NEVER BE ON FIFA 20 AT THIS RATE..."

:lolol:

I see nobody started a thread on that linesMAN :whistle:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Also
1) AJ (I think) accidentally tripping up one of the mascots before kick off and looking horrified

2) the saints player (Bertrand?) pretending to move the ball at a corner after the red had checked it was in the D

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
An IPhone being dropped on me from WSU .About time these dangerous items are banned Mr Barber before a serious injury is sustained .

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
WSU F Block - two foreign chaps smuggling two pints of beer into the stand mid way thru first half - Everyone saw it except the stewards - 5 minutes later a steward marched up and down the aisle looking for the culprits subject to much banter from the crowd - steward gave up - along came another steward - more banter - the culprits were then spotted and marched out with their pints - The crow chanting "Down it - Down it" noisiest chant of afternoon...............................

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Also
2) the saints player (Bertrand?) pretending to move the ball at a corner after the red had checked it was in the D

And then on the next corner, placing it deliberately well in side the quadrant before moving it to the same spot he had it checked from before.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Meeting a colleague for lunch, and him treating me.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Catching up with all the latest news from Chailey

Attachments

• north-korea-newsreader-afp_650x400_71504432567.jpg
    north-korea-newsreader-afp_650x400_71504432567.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 788

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Bissouma retrieving the ball and positioning it on behalf of their goalie.
Bissouma helping their player off of the pitch during a substitution.
He was great yesterday.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
He was great yesterday.

Yes. Those. :lol:

He's turning into quite a character is Bissouma, and you've got to love him for it. He's clearly talented and can be to us what Pogba is to Man Utd if he carries on developing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was great yesterday.

He also plonked it down by the corner flag for them in the 2nd half when they won a corner as we were trailing. He was basically a ballboy all afternoon.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Big (very) big guy in the North breaking his chair through his weight rather than through deliberate actions.....

Funniest thing was that his mates did nothing to help him up, just laughed at him whilst everyone around sang "He's pissed" "You fat *******" etc Was amusing, after 45 mins of absolute toilet first half performance

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Almost the entire North end of the ground being unaware of the laws of the game being so sure the ball was not positioned correctly for a stains corner that the ref came over to check. Disbelief from them all when he said it was fine.
N.B. it's the same as for other line decisions. As long as part of the ball is over the plane of the corner circle it's fine.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Almost the entire North end of the ground being unaware of the laws of the game being so sure the ball was not positioned correctly for a stains corner that the ref came over to check. Disbelief from them all when he said it was fine.
N.B. it's the same as for other line decisions. As long as part of the ball is over the plane of the corner circle it's fine.

As I mentioned elsewhere, my interpretation wasn't that people were complaining that the ball wasn't placed correctly. It was more the fact that Oliver took such a slow, leisurely 60 yard stroll over to the corner to have a look. I couldn't believe how long he was taking. He was literally like a subbed player taking the piss in injury time.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Even with the annoyance at the situation I had to league at James Ward-Prowse's BRILLIANT PUNTING of the ball away to waste time. If you're going to do it and get a yellow, you may as well do it like that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here