Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion vs Saints MATCH REPORT

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
A bad day at the office. :down: Not all that fun to write up, but you can’t win them all. Frustratingly, we never got going at all until 20 minutes to go - simply not good enough to get anything out of any Premier League game.
Then finally, the home side remember how to play football. First March does well down the left and pulls the ball back for Murray, but Glenn’s close-range effort is blocked by Yoshida. Then Montoya picks the ball in an advanced position, the crowd baying him to send in a cross. The Spaniard ignores the calls to delivery the ball, cuts inside onto his left, and thrashes the ball towards the top corner...AGAINST THE BAR!!

You can relive the rest of the game HERE:
https://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?789-Albion-0-1-Southampton-30-03-19

UTA :albion2:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Having to read a report of a defeat is bad enough, but no ARTWORK either. It doesn't get any worse. However, top marks for the quality of the report. Having written many match reports for the Albion Almanac in days gone by, many ending in defeat, it's not the most enjoyable writing to have to do.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Having to read a report of a defeat is bad enough, but no ARTWORK either. It doesn't get any worse. However, top marks for the quality of the report. Having written many match reports for the Albion Almanac in days gone by, many ending in defeat, it's not the most enjoyable writing to have to do.

Apologies for the absence of ARTWORK - working commitments prohibited me from managing to produce any. You're right about documenting defeat, especially one as tedious as the game Saturday. Here's hoping for better on Wednesday, and indeed Saturday!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Excellent report as always - thank you!

I did expect a mention for Murray being on the edge of the Southampton box passing it all the way back to Ryan as we pressed for an equaliser in the final few minutes - but maybe thats just a nightmare memory rather than a real one after the performance! :tantrum:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Decent write-up of a horrible game.

Cheers :thumbsup:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Excellent report as always - thank you!

I did expect a mention for Murray being on the edge of the Southampton box passing it all the way back to Ryan as we pressed for an equaliser in the final few minutes - but maybe that's just a nightmare memory rather than a real one after the performance! :tantrum:

Unfortunately, that did in fact happen. Couldn't quite bring myself to include it :lolol: WTF was he thinking?! :wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here