Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Shocking Random Stabbings Could Be Linked

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The Met are suggesting 4 random stabbings in North London could be linked.

This is shocking and I can only hope they catch the perp ASAP. The poor Police must be stretched beyond belief!
'Random' stabbings in Edmonton,

London, linked by police - public warned http://news.sky.com/story/random-st...ondon-linked-by-police-public-warned-11680353

A terrible thing

However I still don't get this 'it's a lack of Police at is causing this' argument that some use to explain away this rise in knife crime.

Watching 24 hours in Police custody recently, there was an episode on knife crime and stabbings in Luton. In it there were 3 teenagers in a shopping centre, where hundreds of shoppers were, along with security guards, cctv, etc and yet all three started to attack each other with knives and another incident where a group of men attacked and stabbed to death an 18 year old in the street (the victim wasn't known to police, had no criminal record and yet was carrying a knife.

How would having 10, 20, 50, 1000 extra coppers have prevented those attacks?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
A terrible thing

However I still don't get this 'it's a lack of Police at is causing this' argument that some use to explain away this rise in knife crime.

Watching 24 hours in Police custody recently, there was an episode on knife crime and stabbings in Luton. In it there were 3 teenagers in a shopping centre, where hundreds of shoppers were, along with security guards, cctv, etc and yet all three started to attack each other with knives and another incident where a group of men attacked and stabbed to death an 18 year old in the street (the victim wasn't known to police, had no criminal record and yet was carrying a knife.

How would having 10, 20, 50, 1000 extra coppers have prevented those attacks?

I think there are two ways of looking at it. Experience shows that zero tolerance policing - with a strong street presence, stop and search, and arrests for any crime - work in reducing street crime. Additionally, Jordan Peterson, the clinical psychologist says that statistics show that it is the probability of being caught which appears to reduce crime, rather than the likely severity of the sentence. This again points to proactive policing.

However, and I think this is what you were getting at, the level of delinquency is such amongst some young people that they will still go out and commit these violent acts regardless of the consequences. This is very worrying, but even if if true, doesn't mean we shouldn't get them off the streets and try to reduce this trend.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I expect it will turn out to be a right-wing extremist xenophobe Brexit voter,with Farage and Trump tattoos all over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here