Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Unless we get a result at Chelsea - Won't be full strength for semi

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I strongly suspect unless we get at least a point against Chelsea, don't expect a full strength side for the semi cos I don't think it's going to happen.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We will be at full strength for both.

Bissouma will be dropped for Chelsea game and hopefully andone on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don’t even know what ‘full strength’ is after yesterday.

Murray starts - not full strength
Gross in or out - not sure
Wingers - not sure. Ali J and Knocky were both poor, March wasn’t much better
Etc.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I strongly suspect unless we get at least a point against Chelsea, don't expect a full strength side for the semi cos I don't think it's going to happen.

How to put a nail in your own coffin!

Strongly support CH to see this and the next season through. But to put out a weakened side in a semi final with up to 35k Albion fans in attendance? Would just show contempt.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not sure what a full strength side is. If it's the one that started yesterday then I'd be happy that a few changes were made.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
exactly the opposite of my thoughts . . . . we need to go to Stamford Bridge to play the best football we can and aim for at least a point . . . . based on that result and performance then pick the best performing fit side we can so we don't get humiliated at Wembley.

we have a majority of players out of form, a few key players injured and some very slow getting back to full fitness/form . . . . our tactics have been more negative than at any time I can ever remember so the likelihood of getting anything other than embarassed by both games is pretty remote IMO. This is 1983 all over again at the moment, but we wobn't get to the final unless the ref's bung is massive!

I think we should rest players against Chelsea tbh. It's the FA Cup or bust!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Not sure what a full strength side is. If it's the one that started yesterday then I'd be happy that a few changes were made.

It'll be the same team as yesterday, while trying to set up for damage limitation.

Either way, I'm going to bloody have a great day with my mates, sampling some lovely beers and dirty burgers on the hoof, and having fun.

I realise the fun will probably slow down about 7 minutes after kick off, when the onslaught starts........:albion2:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It'll be the same team as yesterday, while trying to set up for damage limitation.

Either way, I'm going to bloody have a great day with my mates, sampling some lovely beers and dirty burgers on the hoof, and having fun.

I realise the fun will probably slow down about 7 minutes after kick off, when the onslaught starts........:albion2:

Yep. It will be a great day until the game starts.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I have virtually no hope we can beat city. The only thing I can think of is start Izzy and Andone and try to hurt them on the break with pace.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think that's a pretty accurate assesment, 25 players almost good enough for mid table.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I don’t think any of us has a clue what our full strength team is to be honest. Gross has been shocking all season. Jose won us a lot of points last season and has barely played. All our other wingers are horribly inconsistent. We only have one fit striker and the other isn’t really suited to one up front even when fit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Not being at full strength won't be the end of the world, Premiel League survival is all that matters, the Wembley game is just a big day out for the fans really.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don’t think it really matters so much who’s up front against City, as long as they’re quick. West Ham played Antonio through the middle against them last season and it helped. Fulham had Sessegnon there yesterday - and it didn’t (albeit with Mitrovic injured). But the prospect of Glenn plodding about up front with no real outlet for us is a bit of a ‘mare. Bring him on for our 89th minute corner to nick a winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here