Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stains fan In peace

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Well, that wasn’t pretty at all was it?

Very much a game both clearly didn’t want to lose, and you seemed like a team with 1 eye very much on the semi final next week ( good luck, hope you beat them )

A new shape for us and I can’t say I was a fan. Our set pieces and crosses into the box were pointless as Dunk and Duffy just seemed to deal with everything we threw at them.

Could say we were lucky. with the chance that created the goal as it was only because of a mistake by one of your players ( biosumma? ) that allowed us through.

Without being a knob, and im not here to gloat or anything, but why was it so quiet yesterday? I’m on here quite a bit and thought you had quite a good home atmosphere from the NS and stuff?

Incredible burgers by the way.

Good luck for the rest of the season, think we will both be fine if I’m honest looking at the run in.
If we both stay up, it’s obvious we both have wholesale change to make in the summer to make sure we aren’t struggling agian next season.

816CCE7A-7497-4BE7-9A9D-5C316248D991.jpeg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A fair assessment of the game, we didn't really deserve anything so well done Soton. The crowd was livelier for the first ten-fifteen minutes but once we all realised the football was dire, things naturally quietened down. Hardly heard a peep from you lot until you scored. Then you did one rendition of you know what when you scored that was genuinely loud and didn't make much noise after that.

Edit: Just seen the picture, great shot!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All fair points.......the atmosphere is in large part driven by what’s going on and were were just awful yesterday - worst home performance of the season. Looked very much like two crap, nervous teams and as you say one mistake led to the single goal.

Think we’ll both be ok but both squads need strengthening.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Without being a knob, and im not here to gloat or anything, but why was it so quiet yesterday? I’m on here quite a bit and thought you had quite a good home atmosphere from the NS and stuff?

Because much like our friends up the road, our fans 'think' we have a great atmosphere.

Once or twice a season we unite and they are correct the atmosphere at the AMEX becomes nerve tingling.
Sadly though, for the rest of the season, it's very much like yesterday, mostly silent, never united, always incomprehensible, plus the Bissouma song.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Home crowds normally decent but certainly has been frustrated over recent weeks. Wasn’t much better from your end mind bar shortly after the goal. Or maybe it’s true that the sound really doesn’t travel well in the Amex.
Personally put it down to the game. Both teams were pretty poor no surprises we are both near the bottom. Thought you were better in 1st half and 1st 15/20 of the 2nd. We upped it a bit once behind maybe had a few half chances but really never troubled the GK. suspect we will both stay up again but both squads look like they need a bit of quality added if we both don’t want to be in the same situation next year

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
A fair assessment of the game, we didn't really deserve anything so well done Soton. The crowd was livelier for the first ten-fifteen minutes but once we all realised the football was dire, things naturally quietened down. Hardly heard a peep from you lot until you scored. Then you did one rendition of you know what when you scored that was genuinely loud and didn't make much noise after that.

Edit: Just seen the picture, great shot!

Fair assessment on our atmosphere. I was expecting great things from both sets of fans. Big game, suns out etc. But it probably came down to shit football from both sides and a massive bout of nerves we struggled.

That tends to happen, we score....sing OWTS, gets videod and plastered on social media. People think we are great fans then come to st Mary’s. where our home fans are poor :shrug::shrug:

Photo would be better if it didn’t look like it was taken on really shit phone. iPhone cameras really aren’t that great are they? ( sorry bozza )

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hard to get a decent atmosphere when the team has played well twice at home all season.)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I know I sound like a broken record (look it up kids) bit seriously the two sides of the NS needs to work themselves out. My vantage point is such that I can hear the two sides singing different chants, all through the game. If it’s by accident then work it out, if it’s on purpose then sort it out.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That photo is the best thing about yesterdays game.

One adequate team who knew what they were playing for and one piss poor team who had one eye on the semi next week and the other on the beach(why they have their eye on the beach is beyond me...).

The adequate team did enough to win. The piss poor team were piss poor throughout.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
What’s the biggest problem with your squad? Pace?
Was fully expecting Murray to score yesterday as he always does against us usually.
Seemed like he was showing his age for the first time I’ve seen him play..

All Chelsea today aren’t we

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know I sound like a broken record (look it up kids) bit seriously the two sides of the NS needs to work themselves out. My vantage point is such that I can hear the two sides singing different chants, all through the game. If it’s by accident then work it out, if it’s on purpose then sort it out.

For t'Derby game we sat down t'other end of t'East Stand. (enough of that)

I was amazed how badly the sound traveled.
Sure yet again it was another quiet game at the AMEX but very little noise filtered down the ground and unsurprisingly the noise that did reach us, above the Derby fans, was incomprehensible.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Can't decide between:

1) Is this a wind up?! Nope

2) Are all the good burgers in the away end? Probably

3) How awful must the burgers be at Saint Mary's ... I wouldn’t feed them to my dog

4) You must have got one outside the ground, then. In the ground, pint and burger £8 good value ( considering its at football )

???

Apparently I should have tried a pie?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Let's be honest though Bowers-sfc, your 3,000 didn't exactly create a wall of noise until you scored and then you did a loud WTSCMI. I wouldn't put your lot in the top 10 we've had at the AMEX this season...

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Let's be honest though Bowers-sfc, your 3,000 didn't exactly create a wall of noise until you scored and then you did a loud WTSCMI. I wouldn't put your lot in the top 10 we've had at the AMEX this season...

If you read my posts in this thread you’ll see I have agreed with that and been pretty critical of our fans both at your place yesterday and even at st marys.

We were ok for the first 10/15 then for about 5 after we have scored, then you turned on the pressure and we soon shut up

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here