Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Preparing for the championship

Feb 9, 2019
With the run of recent results, and the run in we have, I am resigned to us playing in the championship next season, unless Houghton pulls some sort of rabbit out of the bag.

We dont have the quality or depth in squad to compete at this level. The fault lies at the managers door, and would not trust him to try to take us straight back up in a competitive division. He would have to go.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
It tugged at my heart strings after the game, hearing a young lad (no older than about ten) asking his dad if they could renew their season tickets if we end up in the Champ next autumn.

Kid deserves a ST just for being so knowledgeable about our squad...I'd half forgotten Balogun was out injured FFS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With the run of recent results, and the run in we have, I am resigned to us playing in the championship next season, unless Houghton pulls some sort of rabbit out of the bag.

We dont have the quality or depth in squad to compete at this level. The fault lies at the managers door, and would not trust him to try to take us straight back up in a competitive division. He would have to go.

Christ. So you see no points for us against Bournemouth, Newcastle or Cardiff at the Amex. You see Cardiff overhauling a 5 point, 19 goal deficit when their run-in includes Chelsea tomorrow, visits to Man City and Man Utd, as well as hosting Liverpool. That "resigns" you to us going down ?? We're not 6 points adrift at the foot of the table, we're FIVE POINTS CLEAR of the dropzone. There's clearly still work to do, nobody is under any illusions. But your guff about pulling rabbits from bags (its hats btw), as if we're already in need of snookers to stay up, is utter bobbins.

The fact that we are still 5 points north of the shitstorm proves that we DO have the quality to compete at this level, just as we proved it a year ago. Have a quiet little cry in the corner over losing today if you really feel you need to, but at the same time - get a fvcking grip, and a spine, snowflake. We were shithouse today, it happens. It'll continue to happen, because we're a bang average PL team. But we'll PROBABLY be alright.

Sorry if thats not enough though.

View from the Pier

Feb 27, 2019
With the remaining games we are relying on the kindness of others, Warnock has the knack of getting out of seemingly impossible situations. For all our bluster and 21st century stadium etc we are very possibly going down , I don't blame the manager at all, the squad is borderline adequate.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
One thing that does baffle me after promotion TB said we definitely need a few players with PL experience to help the squad. Not one turned up in four windows. Whilst I think we won’t go down I hope this season changes the transfer policy.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

You're clearly a troll who joined NSC specifically to cause division in the ranks on here. Or someone who hasn't watched much football, let alone followed a run-in.

There should be some rule to prevent those who are 'Newly Joined' from starting threads like these.

Anyway, enough. Your comments are not worth dignifying with any further words.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Christ. So you see no points for us against Bournemouth, Newcastle or Cardiff at the Amex. You see Cardiff overhauling a 5 point, 19 goal deficit when their run-in includes Chelsea tomorrow, visits to Man City and Man Utd, as well as hosting Liverpool. That "resigns" you to us going down ?? We're not 6 points adrift at the foot of the table, we're FIVE POINTS CLEAR of the dropzone. There's clearly still work to do, nobody is under any illusions. But your guff about pulling rabbits from bags (its hats btw), as if we're already in need of snookers to stay up, is utter bobbins.

The fact that we are still 5 points north of the shitstorm proves that we DO have the quality to compete at this level, just as we proved it a year ago. Have a quiet little cry in the corner over losing today if you really feel you need to, but at the same time - get a fvcking grip, and a spine, snowflake. We were shithouse today, it happens. It'll continue to happen, because we're a bang average PL team. But we'll PROBABLYr be alright.

We’ll probably stay up. But anyone that thinks we will probably pick up points at home to Bournemouth, Cardiff and Newcastle needs to realise that these teams won’t roll over. I can’t think of a decent 90min performance at home since Everton at in December. If Cardiff turn us over (and the pressure will be on big time for that game), I honestly am sad to say I think we are dropping out of the PL.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
I believe we will stay up.My big worry is that if we did go down I do not believe the current squad would bring us back up without a major overhaul.Any overhaul after relegation would have to include a manager who led us in a relegation season.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With the remaining games we are relying on the kindness of others, Warnock has the knack of getting out of seemingly impossible situations. For all our bluster and 21st century stadium etc we are very possibly going down , I don't blame the manager at all, the squad is borderline adequate.

How do you work out that “we’re relying on the kindness of others”?

Look at the bed-wetting / tracker thread. We are still on target for over 40 points.

We are relying on ourselves and nobody else.

Get a grip FFS.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I believe we will stay up.My big worry is that if we did go down I do not believe the current squad would bring us back up without a major overhaul.Any overhaul after relegation would have to include a manager who led us in a relegation season.

Wow, we have played a few championship sides this season in the FA cup and beaten them with our 2nd string. If we did get relegated we would be more than fine

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008

The fact that we are still 5 points north of the shitstorm proves that we DO have the quality to compete at this level, just as we proved it a year ago. Have a quiet little cry in the corner over losing today if you really feel you need to, but at the same time - get a fvcking grip, and a spine, snowflake. We were shithouse today, it happens. It'll continue to happen, because we're a bang average PL team. But we'll PROBABLY be alright.

Be hard to find a better post imo ...well done old chap .

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Feeding off the crumbs from the top table has its limitations. Personally, not too bothered if we went back to the Championship. We'd be very competitive and have more fun. Expecting Cardiff to go down not us but do think the Championship beckons in the not too distant future.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feeding off the crumbs from the top table has its limitations. Personally, not too bothered if we went back to the Championship. We'd be very competitive and have more fun. Expecting Cardiff to go down not us but do think the Championship beckons in the not too distant future.

Do you honestly think the team could take a lesser version of yesterday's performance, into the championship, and it would be 'fun'?

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

That

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here