Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CH “we weren’t good enough”

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
So CH claims we weren’t good enough today. That was clearly plain for all to see. So let’s see what he does about it against Chelsea on Wednesday. If he plays the same starting line up then he deserves all the flack that is likely to follow. I fear his tactical limitations are becoming painfully more apparent during this challenging period.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So CH claims we weren’t good enough today. That was clearly plain for all to see. So let’s see what he does about it against Chelsea on Wednesday. If he plays the same starting line up then he deserves all the flack that is likely to follow. I fear his tactical limitations are becoming painfully more apparent during this challenging period.

Perhaps lets see how the players react....too many were off their game today....and as regards ''plain to see'' at least he didn't try and spin the usual bollocks that quite a few managers tend too

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Seems a ridiculous position. Why not give this line up a chance to show that today's game was an underperformance, give them a chance to show that they are actually better than today's performance showed? Nah, let's just write off the entire team.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

It’s not bollocks because we are where we are due to taking TWO (2) points in 7 games against the four teams below us. That is crap, not bollocks. You can say odd games went against us - small margins Blah de blah - but these are games where we should have been on front foot, stamped our authority as a PL side here to stay, and stayed on front foot.

Instead of which every one has been a groan fest of having to come back from the dead (Fulham H, Saints A); apathetic submission to a team that is inferior (Burnley H & A, Saints H); or committing harikari when points there for taking (Fulham and Cardiff A). You can blame players for some of this, but it is also down to management.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It’s not bollocks because we are where we are due to taking TWO (2) points in 7 games against the four teams below us. That is crap, not bollocks. You can say odd games went against us - small margins Blah de blah - but these are games where we should have been on front foot, stamped our authority as a PL side here to stay, and stayed on front foot.

Instead of which every one has been a groan fest of having to come back from the dead (Fulham H, Saints A); apathetiic submission to a team that is inferior (Burnley H & A, Saints H); or commuting hari kari when points there for taking (Fulham and Cardiff A). You can blame players for some of this, but it is also down to management.

Odd games may have gone against us... We have had certainly had more than our fair share of luck in some of the games we've got points from this season though. We could easily be further down than we are!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think most of us would have started with today’s line up.
Although I would like to have seen a more attacking approach I’m not sure what else we could have done. Saints were well organised and made sure Knocky, bis, Ali, etc did their dangerous stuff and tricks well away from their goal. Ironic really that Montoya was the only one to hit a decent shot.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Odd games may have gone against us... We have had certainly had more than our fair share of luck in some of the games we've got points from this season though. We could easily be further down than we are!

Exactly - very fortunate against WH, Everton and Wolves at home. CH has done a great job, but his weakness is against peer group sides. He doesn’t instill belief and systems to impose yourself on the opposition for at least a substantial part of game (I can only think Swansea H last season when we did so) and if you are going to progress that is essential.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Instead of which every one has been a groan fest of having to come back from the dead (Fulham H, Saints A); apathetic submission to a team that is inferior (Burnley H & A, Saints H); or committing harikari when points there for taking (Fulham and Cardiff A). You can blame players for some of this, but it is also down to management.

That’s weird, I thought there were 5 teams below us, of which one we did the double over. Or is Huddersfield’s season so bad that their results have been expunged?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It may break hearts, but sadly this is true. Albeit, best we should shhhhh! for now. We won't be changing the manager till Novemberat the earlist.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Unfortunately this is correct even though some may be in denial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here