Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays ref Micheal Oliver

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So what did you think of his performance? I haven't seen any replays of the 'Propper' incident ..has anyone?

DSC00036.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had an excellent game imo. The penalty appeal was correctly turned down. I can normally find fault with the officials when we lose that may have contributed to a defeat, scratching around this time :smile:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Had an excellent game imo. The penalty appeal was correctly turned down. I can normally find fault with the officials when we lose that may have contributed to a defeat, scratching around this time :smile:

Perhaps we could blame the assistants :whistle:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Regarded as one of the best in the league. Showed it. Indeed his performance was probably the standout of the 23 on the pitch

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thought he was ok. A bit harsh to book Stephens after waving play on when saints player had done a similar professional foul (a kick) a few minutes earlier.

theboybilly

The best Referee we have. Today he let the play flow as much as he could and not one really contentious decision. We were beaten fair and square by a team set up better to do the required job (which i think was a draw but Saints will take any win) Albion were awful and we have been for quite a while now (apart fromPalace) I think it's time to face facts and start looking towards a more adventurous style of play than this boring dross that is being served every week.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Not really referee related but if ever the stupidity of football crowds was summed up in one moment it was when Bertrand was taking a corner in the first half and the crowd jeered about the ball being outside the quadrant so Oliver came to look. I could see from 50 yards away that a lot of the ball was overhanging the line. It’s amazing so many people go to a game without knowing the rules.
From my seat in the East, people were only complaining at Oliver for taking a look when it was clearly fine.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The most annoying thing he did for me was that he didnt book the pull back on Bissouma but somehow found his card when Stephens did the same thing. He had a bias for me from then on.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Not really referee related but if ever the stupidity of football crowds was summed up in one moment it was when Bertrand was taking a corner in the first half and the crowd jeered about the ball being outside the quadrant so Oliver came to look. I could see from 50 yards away that a lot of the ball was overhanging the line. It’s amazing so many people go to a game without knowing the rules.

Said exactly the same at the time. Who gives a flying **** in any case. Players do it to wind the crowd up the amount that fell for it was staggering.

theboybilly

isn't this what led to our absolutely horrendous run of results?

Hardly, but to clarify I meant a more adventurous style of play other than waiting until we are behind before looking to threaten. Apart from a solid enough display at Palace and two good first halves at West Ham and Fulham I struggle to think of when Albion have played anywhere near good enough. We are probably the least easy on the eye team in the bottom half apart from Burnley

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hardly, but to clarify I meant a more adventurous style of play other than waiting until we are behind before looking to threaten. Apart from a solid enough display at Palace and two good first halves at West Ham and Fulham I struggle to think of when Albion have played anywhere near good enough. We are probably the least easy on the eye team in the bottom half apart from Burnley

We played well against CP, Watford and ManU at home. Any others?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I think it was more the fact that Oliver took a leisurely 60 yard STROLL over to have a squiz, before trotting back to the middle.

I fully expect timewasting from the opposition, but to see the ref doing it...bloody hell.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

And then in the second half Knockaert placed the ball in a similar position and nothing from the crowd (not even an ironic cheers or smatterings of 'we're getting away with it/two can play that game, eh!' sort of comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here