Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fair enough

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
My take is that it’s two entirely separate things:

1. Masses of people obsessed with getting the pints in at half time, hence the very long disappearance.

2. A remote out of city centre stadium with only 2 or 3 ways of escaping, leads to the early stampede, it’s a self fulfilling phenomena, with more and more people playing the same game. For us, it’s the difference between getting home an hour later, just as an example. The Etihad, Wembley and Emirates have exactly the same thing, when you watch games there or on TV. By contrast, stadia where yon can head home in every possible direction, such as Goodison, Anfield and Molyneux seem to hold fans later. I’ve been to games there, where this is generally the case.

I guess so. But there are a lot of our of town grounds now, just seems the Amex is worse than most for early leavers. Although i guess the historic issues with the trains since the ground opened hasn't helped either. It is a shame though that when we're pushing for a late goal so many people are leaving/have left. Although it's a topic that's been done to death already on here so I'll stop now, ha!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here