Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fair enough

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Forgive me if others have made this point but surely this is a result that none of us should be surprised by. Two very well matched sides under current form, albeit Stains having lived in the Prem for a lot longer than us.

I think it was pretty even in the first half but one mistake in the second had us undone. And, as we’ve seen so many times this season we really struggled to get back into the game with our style of play.

So, very evenly matched - and I’ll take that with the time they’ve been in the Prem and the money that they’ve had to spend - but one bad mistake and a lack of original thought going forward cost us.

PS I’d take Nathan Redmond for us in a heart beat.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was a very comfortable game for them and we've only got ourselves to blame. No purpose or intent in the first half but as soon as we're 1-0 down and our "tactics" were thrown out the window, we looked a real threat. We should play with attacking intent and desire from the start against lower league division teams like Southampton, who we should be attacking and trying to beat. If they'd beaten us although we'd had a good go at the them with a clear intent and vision, that's something else. There was nothing positive about this performance.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Forgive me if others have made this point but surely this is a result that none of us should be surprised by. Two very well matched sides under current form, albeit Stains having lived in the Prem for a lot longer than us.

I think it was pretty even in the first half but one mistake in the second had us undone. And, as we’ve seen so many times this season we really struggled to get back into the game with our style of play.

So, very evenly matched - and I’ll take that with the time they’ve been in the Prem and the money that they’ve had to spend - but one bad mistake and a lack of original thought going forward cost us.

Chris Hughton won't be saying fair enough. He will be saying that we weren't anywhere near good enough today. We gave them the goal by dithering in possession and we didn't perform with the quality needed to recover afterwards. The truth is that our side did not meet the standards they are capable of today and despite the squeak through against Millwall, they haven't done so since the win at Selhurst. We'll always be playing decent sides in this division. We need to be at our best to get results. We most definitely were not today.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Was there two different BHA v SFC games today? Parallel universes? So what if they've been in the Prem longer? We have been there longer than Wolves.

Pretty even first half? From what perspective? Struggled to get back in? From 70 mins, after they scored, we had 70% possession.

Evenly matched? We wouldn't have been evenly matched playing Dumbleston Rovers of the Outer Mongolia League today.

One bad mistake? We made shit loads, not masked by more goals against because they are crap, but sadly so are we.

You, my friend are trying to take the gloss off one of the worst performances you'll see from a team in Brighton shirts. Don't spoil it for the rest of us.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We weren't good enough but we were one mistake from a bore draw which would have been adequate. I thought both teams were very evenly matched.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Chris Hughton won't be saying fair enough. He will be saying that we weren't anywhere near good enough today. We gave them the goal by dithering in possession and we didn't perform with the quality needed to recover afterwards. The truth is that our side did not meet the standards they are capable of today and despite the squeak through against Millwall, they haven't done so since the win at Selhurst. We'll always be playing decent sides in this division. We need to be at our best to get results. We most definitely were not today.

OK, but we were, it pains me to say, overwhelmed for a good deal of the game against Palace. We were very poor against Hud’s and the least said about the 90 minutes against Millwall the better. On that basis a one nil defeat to Saints is hardly a surprise.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Should of been Jose on instead of March

I get the impression we are nursing him a little though to the end of the season with a view to getting him 100% for next season. I may be totally wrong but I don't think he's quite there yet to use explosive pace he has at full pelt.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We were poor today and carried on from our woeful performance against Millwall which has been so badly masked by our great escape to get to Wembley. I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again - at this rate our ability to stay up will depend on whether Cardiff are more sh!t than us in the remaining games.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

And therein lies the rub, for some reason our club seems to think they can do it on the cheap, refusing to accept the reality of the premier league. Imagine what a player like Redmond would be like under CHs tutelage, alongside other appropriate premier league players, my goodness, we’d be disappointed to be in the lower half of the division.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Was there two different BHA v SFC games today? Parallel universes? So what if they've been in the Prem longer? We have been there longer than Wolves.

Pretty even first half? From what perspective? Struggled to get back in? From 70 mins, after they scored, we had 70% possession.

Evenly matched? We wouldn't have been evenly matched playing Dumbleston Rovers of the Outer Mongolia League today.

One bad mistake? We made shit loads, not masked by more goals against because they are crap, but sadly so are we.

You, my friend are trying to take the gloss off one of the worst performances you'll see from a team in Brighton shirts. Don't spoil it for the rest of us.

Hmm. I’ve read this a couple of times and I can’t really see what your getting at. My post didn’t comment on the overall quality of the current Albion squad/team because it’s clearly well under par - as is SFC. That’s the point of my post. What did you expect?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We were poor today and carried on from our woeful performance against Millwall which has been so badly masked by our great escape to get to Wembley. I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again - at this rate our ability to stay up will depend on whether Cardiff are more sh!t than us in the remaining games.

I agree.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

And therein lies the rub, for some reason our club seems to think they can do it on the cheap, refusing to accept the reality of the premier league. Imagine what a player like Redmond would be like under CHs tutelage, alongside other appropriate premier league players, my goodness, we’d be disappointed to be in the lower half of the division.

Yes, he would be instructed to concentrate on his defensive duties.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hmm. I’ve read this a couple of times and I can’t really see what your getting at. My post didn’t comment on the overall quality of the current Albion squad/team because it’s clearly well under par - as is SFC. That’s the point of my post. What did you expect?

CH said he expected his team to play from the beginning, but they didn’t until the 65th minute. He admitted we’d been outplayed until that point.

So I expect most fans hoped as a minimum, that their home team came out and played as a bare minimum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here