Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair enough

Fair enough

0 Not allowed!
    Forgive me if others have made this point but surely this is a result that none of us should be surprised by. Two very well matched sides under current form, albeit Stains having lived in the Prem for a lot longer than us.

I think it was pretty even in the first half but one mistake in the second had us undone. And, as we’ve seen so many times this season we really struggled to get back into the game with our style of play.

So, very evenly matched - and I’ll take that with the time they’ve been in the Prem and the money that they’ve had to spend - but one bad mistake and a lack of original thought going forward cost us.

PS I’d take Nathan Redmond for us in a heart beat.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

5 Not allowed!
      Nah. Can't have that. They attacked (rarely) with pace and incision.
      We attacked with, erm, patience.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This. Even CH admitted in effect that we didn’t turn up until the 65th minute.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      We attacked at snail's pace. Think we need to change our name to Brighton and Hove Sideways
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die

3 Not allowed!
      It was a very comfortable game for them and we've only got ourselves to blame. No purpose or intent in the first half but as soon as we're 1-0 down and our "tactics" were thrown out the window, we looked a real threat. We should play with attacking intent and desire from the start against lower league division teams like Southampton, who we should be attacking and trying to beat. If they'd beaten us although we'd had a good go at the them with a clear intent and vision, that's something else. There was nothing positive about this performance.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
      Forgive me if others have made this point but surely this is a result that none of us should be surprised by. Two very well matched sides under current form, albeit Stains having lived in the Prem for a lot longer than us.

I think it was pretty even in the first half but one mistake in the second had us undone. And, as we’ve seen so many times this season we really struggled to get back into the game with our style of play.

So, very evenly matched - and I’ll take that with the time they’ve been in the Prem and the money that they’ve had to spend - but one bad mistake and a lack of original thought going forward cost us.

PS I’d take Nathan Redmond for us in a heart beat.
      Chris Hughton won't be saying fair enough. He will be saying that we weren't anywhere near good enough today. We gave them the goal by dithering in possession and we didn't perform with the quality needed to recover afterwards. The truth is that our side did not meet the standards they are capable of today and despite the squeak through against Millwall, they haven't done so since the win at Selhurst. We'll always be playing decent sides in this division. We need to be at our best to get results. We most definitely were not today.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Was there two different BHA v SFC games today? Parallel universes? So what if they've been in the Prem longer? We have been there longer than Wolves.

Pretty even first half? From what perspective? Struggled to get back in? From 70 mins, after they scored, we had 70% possession.

Evenly matched? We wouldn't have been evenly matched playing Dumbleston Rovers of the Outer Mongolia League today.

One bad mistake? We made shit loads, not masked by more goals against because they are crap, but sadly so are we.

You, my friend are trying to take the gloss off one of the worst performances you'll see from a team in Brighton shirts. Don't spoil it for the rest of us.

0 Not allowed!
      Should of been Jose on instead of March
      You make me

0 Not allowed!
      We weren't good enough but we were one mistake from a bore draw which would have been adequate. I thought both teams were very evenly matched.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stato View Post
      Chris Hughton won't be saying fair enough. He will be saying that we weren't anywhere near good enough today. We gave them the goal by dithering in possession and we didn't perform with the quality needed to recover afterwards. The truth is that our side did not meet the standards they are capable of today and despite the squeak through against Millwall, they haven't done so since the win at Selhurst. We'll always be playing decent sides in this division. We need to be at our best to get results. We most definitely were not today.
      OK, but we were, it pains me to say, overwhelmed for a good deal of the game against Palace. We were very poor against Hud’s and the least said about the 90 minutes against Millwall the better. On that basis a one nil defeat to Saints is hardly a surprise.