Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match of the Day Listings.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
By all accounts today's game is the eighth one to be shown on Match of the Day tonight.

Apparently Wrighty and Shearer's game of FIFA 19 last week is deemed more entertaining and is being shown seventh.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"...and finally Brighton and Hove Albion"

Lineaker must say that in his sleep now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Won’t be watching, I’m not that much of a masochist

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stains played well.

I won’t watch it, but expect drooling at the play from Armstrong and Ward-Prowse. No one else on NSC noticed them, but they were quality.

Stream commentators singled them out as the two best players on the pitch

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Stains played well.

I won’t watch it, but expect drooling at the play from Armstrong and Ward-Prowse. No one else on NSC noticed them, but they were quality.

Did they? I thought they were pretty dreadful and showed exactly why they're down the bottom. Unfortunately, we were even worse. A better side would have taken us apart in the same way Burnley did the other week (which is another reason to be concerned, as they're not exactly Real Madrid).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did they? I thought they were pretty dreadful and showed exactly why they're down the bottom. Unfortunately, we were even worse. A better side would have taken us apart in the same way Burnley did the other week (which is another reason to be concerned, as they're not exactly Real Madrid).

For 65 minutes the away team controlled midfield and the game, their CM’ers were quality and some flying Albion blocks prevented goals. Unfortunately, they had better players in key positions, who had a good day.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For 65 minutes the away team controlled midfield and the game, their CM’ers were quality and some flying Albion blocks prevented goals. Unfortunately, they had better players in key positions, who had a good day.

In your opinion. Sometimes I find the words "I think... " are useful.

I think they were a pretty dreadful side - witness the amount of stray passes - who pressed well but were allowed to dominate the game by a team who looked very much like they have an FA Cup semi-final next week. There you go. Game of opinions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And the highlights now from the Amex. Cut to two teams walking off the pitch.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

That's what I saw too. We'd be buzzing if we'd just won away in the same manner. They weren't world beaters by any means, but they controlled the midfield and were much better breaking forward in numbers than we were. They won't have had an easier away game all decade

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In your opinion. Sometimes I find the words "I think... " are useful.

I think they were a pretty dreadful side - witness the amount of stray passes - who pressed well but were allowed to dominate the game by a team who looked very much like they have an FA Cup semi-final next week. There you go. Game of opinions.

A quick look at posts by NSC’ers this evening about the Albion, Stains and the match, revealed that in the main people post WITHOUT A PREFIX OF “IN MY OPINION”, “I THINK” OR SIMILAR. Including you!

Instead people firmly state what they’re thinking, as if the gospel.

Which is fine, we all know how it works.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Lucky to get eighth spot, I'm sure there was a team in the Hebrides Tiddlewinks league that played a far more entertaining 0-0 draw.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I won't be watching, nothing enjoyable to watch tonight on MOTD, our nearest rivals all winning, and Man City purring through the gears looking ominous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here