Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dominic Grieve.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The same should apply to all MP's who stood on a manifesto of something and then repeatedly votes the opposite ..... unless of course he/she states that intention both at the selection process and the by election , common sense to me but just my opinion

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It is hugely wrong and disappointing that the major opposition party failed to deliver on their manifesto by failing to support the government in delivering Brexit.

That said, the entire thing has been incredibly badly handled by both the Government and Opposition in failing to speak with each other !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And he won't be the first, i know of two other Tories in this area facing selection issues. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-47761241

I think a few on the Labour benches might end up deselected too. Mind you, I would be quite happy if Bottomley and Loughton in Worthing were de-selected, both career political apparatchiks with little contribution to political debate but happy to be in safe, dyed in the wool Tory constituencies in return for voting for the party line whenever needed. They seem to contribute nothing to debates and show no interest in doing so.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
To me it seems a stitch up from the ex UKIP candidate that lost to Grieve at the last election, but has now joined the Tories.

It smacks of being very similar to Momentum tactics in Labour, get an influx of new members and flood the usually poorly attended local meeting and get your way on the day.

It however looks like the Tories are moving further to the right and with Labour being more leftfield than recently there is a bit gap for a centre party, which no doubt the Change UK party will be looking to fill.

It seems that Brexit is pulling a lot of people to the edges which is dangerous to the country

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think a few on the Labour benches might end up deselected too. Mind you, I would be quite happy if Bottomley and Loughton in Worthing were de-selected, both career political apparatchiks with little contribution to political debate but happy to be in safe, dyed in the wool Tory constituencies in return for votin

g for the party line whenever needed. They seem to contribute nothing to debates and show no interest in doing so.

Peter kyle ad jess in Birmingham will ge the first nad they are both excellent local,MPs

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think a few on the Labour benches might end up deselected too. Mind you, I would be quite happy if Bottomley and Loughton in Worthing were de-selected, both career political apparatchiks with little contribution to political debate but happy to be in safe, dyed in the wool Tory constituencies in return for voting for the party line whenever needed. They seem to contribute nothing to debates and show no interest in doing so.

To be rueful Vegster the whole of parliament needs to be deselected

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I voted for remain but I have no sympathy for Grieve. He was elected on a leave manifesto, voted for article 50 then spends all his time opposing his party’s deals to leave.

To be honest, I think that's were the whole shitstorm originated. There seemed to be a collective madness to trigger Article 50 as soon as possible before actually thinking about the implications and what our aims were and how we were going to go about the negotiations. I think MP's on all sides were hasty and pressured in to voting for it in case they were seen as being " Anti the Will of the People " and obstructive.

However, if we had stepped back from triggering Article 50 before we were sure of what we were doing, we probably would NOT have triggered it and that would have brought the entire shitstorm forward 2 years ago rather than now at the end of May's " Negotiations ". Mind you at that point in time those in government genuinely believed in the Easiest deal in The World scenario.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Grieve needs to leave those Tory wankers and join Change, he will be welcomed with open arms.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I voted for remain but I have no sympathy for Grieve. He was elected on a leave manifesto, voted for article 50 then spends all his time opposing his party’s deals to leave.

His party's deal, there has been only one.

Edit: and maybe if it was good he would've voted for it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whenever I hear an MP say “just because my constituents elected me it doesn’t mean I have to do what they want” I want to slap their bottom. Of course it means you have to! you’re elected to represent the majority of your electorate...even if you don’t agree with them.

What else is democracy for?

I hope that all of the MPs who have ignored their voters are bricking it..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here