Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
In really at a loss to try to understand our tactics. What are they? Hoof the ball and hope for the best?Pick out a lone Murray so that he can head to their back 4? Pass across the back line until someone eventually decides to move forward? Is CH being coached by General Melchett from Blackadder?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to NSC when we lose to Cardiff, which we will if we sit back and let them come at us like we always do when playing at home against teams below us in the table. Fear of losing at home could well cost us our Premier League place if things don’t change

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Who.scored. also rated our team performance as 6.69 against Saint's 6.63

Hahaha. 6.63 sounds about right for Saints. I would put us closer to 3.69.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We are not going down, no matter how much the moaners wish it.
If we don't all the signs are there that we will be next seasons Huddersfield we are absolutely rubbish. It actually hurts to watch us at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
The manager takes a big share of the blame for that performance imo

But Hughton, because he's a genuinely nice guy is to often beyond reproach.

He has a say in transfers, he picks the team and shape..... not going to piss the bed, we can and still should survive, but with Hughton as manager sooner or later the luck will run out as there won't be 3 shitter teams than us.

I genuinely love the guy but Norwich fans were generally right, far to negative/defensive and some miss firing big transfers.

Conundrum is he is possibly one of the best managers to get us out of the championship, but with him in charge sooner or later I'm convinced that's our fate.

As a club it would be great to be regularly mid table, maybe that's unrealistic..... but I don't personally see it happening under the nicest manager we've ever had. I hope to be proved wrong.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
To be fair, you seem to be picking on him today. He wasn't good, but he was probably one of our least worst.

I suppose those 3 poor attempts on goal, especially the one in the 88th minute, definitely marks him down a few points - but his overall play wasn't bad.

To be fair, he's being judged as if he was our only positive today. Like you said, he wasn'tt good.

His passing was dreadful. How many times did he over hit his passing today? Then you've got his shooting which speaks for itself. He's definitely got potential but at the moment, he's a very frustrating player to have in your team when you're one goal behind. His football brain really wasn't working today.

Once Gross is back, I'd definitely drop Bissouma for him.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Looking forward to NSC when we lose to Cardiff, which we will if we sit back and let them come at us like we always do when playing at home against teams below us in the table. Fear of losing at home could well cost us our Premier League place if things don’t change

Absolutely THIS.

I remember back in February there were a lot of people on here saying we won’t go down because we’ve still got to play Burnley, Huddersfield, Saints, Cardiff, Bournemouth etc to play at home.

We have been dreadful in all three games so far. Fortress Amex? Not anymore.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
We are not going down, no matter how much the moaners wish it.
Wish I had your confidence. We have lost at home to 2 teams below us. We really should be looking like we can at least compete at their level.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Having lost against Fulham, Southampton, Burnley etc... if we lose against Cardiff then we would truly deserve to go down... and legitimately start to question CH's leadership.

We already have lost to them

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Cardiff will watch that and think they have a massive chance of beating us, easily. They will turn up and be in our faces, bullying us. They will beat us, and I can only see us picking up a couple more points this season. Newcastle and Bournemouth, they've nothing to play for and our biggest chance and getting over the line.
Players should be embarrassed about today, that was utterly shameful.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I might just go down the RSPCA and get a dog tomorrow, just so I can kick it???
Not really, I love animals.......that what a wife is for:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here