Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is a point on the pitch 5 to 10 yards short of the 18 yard line, and about 5 or 10 yards in from the touchline (well, two points actually - one on the left and one on the right). Other teams from this point ping across a cross, usually aimed just beyond the fay post, and far enough out to put the GK in two minds about whether to try and come for it. This sometimes (quite often really) results in a goal. Just watch Trent Arnold or Robertson doing this for Liverpool, or Tavener for Rangers.

Without fail, however, when any of our players get to this point, they immediately turn round and pass it back to someone in the centre circle. Strangely, this doesn't lead to scoring a goal. Can't imagine why...........

Did you see Muzza in injury time on the edge of the 18 yard box with room to cross, pass it so far back it went back into our own half? Summed it up for me.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
So, I don't get what you're trying to say? We were dreadful and got what we deserved. What are you trying to say?

That we shouldn't be so doom and gloom, we were roughly equal to what is an under achieving saints team, they are not that bad and it should have been a draw. People act like we are utter shit and nigh on relegated.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Hoping that Cardiff save us from going down and we survive by the skin of our teeth, something must change for next season. Agreed we have to be carefull not to leave ourselves too open, but we have to try to establish a more attacking formation otherwise no progress will be made. I'm not expecting a top 10 finish but was hoping with what I thought at the start of the season was a stronger squad, that we would show slight progress this season.

Time for a managerial change? / change of formation? / major overhaul of the squad? - be interesting to know what other people think. I still think we will just survive but I'm sorry to sound greedy, but I wanted to see an improvement on last season (which technically is still possible however unlikely), and I do want to see entertaining football. Only a couple of home games this season fall into that category for me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Haven't seen any posts on it, but I assume it was a clear penalty?
Or did I miss something?

We probably would have missed anyway.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't believe there are people on here trying desperately to defend today's performance. Almost as desperate as MPs trying to stop Brexit.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Last top flight quality striker we had was over 35 years ago.

How the hell did we think our strike force didn't need improving last January?

In the 25 years I've supported this club, why do we always end up with a shit strike-force? Bobby amora, Murray, Forster, Knight (for one season) and Virgo have been our only success stories upfront in that time. and now our strike force in the Prem isn't as good as it was when we were in league one. Thats so typical us.

The recruitment team needs improving (fast) and Bloom's going to have to splash some cash this summer on strikers (if we stay up)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Haven't seen any posts on it, but I assume it was a clear penalty?
Or did I miss something?

We probably would have missed anyway.

No, definitely was not a penalty, he scuffed a kick, wasn't touched. Correct call.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That we shouldn't be so doom and gloom, we were roughly equal to what is an under achieving saints team, they are not that bad and it should have been a draw. People act like we are utter shit and nigh on relegated.

I'm a glass half full type.
But that was utter dog shit

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hysterical nonsense:lolol: It was only the last game where everybody was happy at beating Palace away.

Great to beat rivals, even better to get 3 points. But we weren't the better team, and that's the worry..... Palace, 2 poor teams and 2 wonder goals from us, Millwall, very poor and large slice of luck, Huddersfield 2 poor teams, crap performance separated by Andone goal..... Away at Leicester, we were better and still lost.... But we to often look wooden, leggy and devoid of ideas.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
That 6-7 mins at the start of the second half was one of the most appalling passages of play I’ve seen us have
It felt like watching a 10 second looping film (pass right, pass left, pass right, etc ) in very very slow motion.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can't believe there are people on here trying desperately to defend today's performance. Almost as desperate as MPs trying to stop Brexit.

Happens time and again though, people seem to forget our away record which if even half decent would mean less pressure every home match. Still the excuses will come thick and fast like International break...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
What a frigging annoying performance. Very little synergy or unison in our make up at present. You can have bravery and blocking a number of attempts with flailing limbs, but you have to effectively enforce a developed style into proceedings, and especially against a bobbins lot like today. What a cocking cack sandwich of a show.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hoping that Cardiff save us from going down and we survive by the skin of our teeth, something must change for next season. Agreed we have to be carefull not to leave ourselves too open, but we have to try to establish a more attacking formation otherwise no progress will be made. I'm not expecting a top 10 finish but was hoping with what I thought at the start of the season was a stronger squad, that we would show slight progress this season.
We have got a stronger squad. Whether that was the intention or not, that's what we went out and bought. What we need now - in the next window please! - is a stronger team. Probably two very expensive incoming players needed for next season, not a job lot of (hopefully) bargains like last summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here