Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Favourite disco song.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So many to choose from but be careful not to cross over into soul/Jazz Funk.
For pure Disco my favourites are George McCrea Rock Your Baby and Sylvester You Make Me Feel ( Mighty Real)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
For pure Disco my favourites our George McCrea Rock Your Baby and Sylvester You Make Me Feel ( Mighty Real)

For me it was a great era, especially as you mentioned soul / jazz funk.
Marvellous sounds :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For pure Disco my favourites are George McCrea Rock Your Baby and Sylvester You Make Me Feel ( Mighty Real)

Now you’re talking, Funkadelic, just awesome.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
For me it was a great era, especially as you mentioned soul / jazz funk.
Marvellous sounds :)

Yes I know you are into it from other posts.
But whilst Disco did seep into Soul and Jazz Funk there was a difference.
There were discos and there were clubs and soul festivals all dayers and nighters that certainty did not play disco.
That was my scene and I know I am only telling you something you already know.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crikey, my list runs to many hundreds or more, from all the decades and genre. If I had to pick just one forever, it would be Passion by The Flirts. Brings back amazing memories of Coasters nightclub Brighton in the mid 80’s, I still play it now.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Probably the best disco group for me was KC And The Sunshine Band ( KC also wrote Rock Your Baby)
Sound your funky horn, get down tonight and queen of clubs were great disco songs.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes I know you are into it from other posts.
But whilst Disco did seep into Soul and Jazz Funk there was a difference.
There were discos and there were clubs and soul festivals all dayers and nighters that certainty did not play disco.
That was my scene and I know I am only telling you something you already know.

You realise you've started something here:lolol:
Brand New Heavies
Pieces of a Dream
Al Jarreau
Haggis Horns.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Native New Yorker

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Amazing song.

The first ever disco/club i went to at a very early age in Tunbridge Wells had 2 really popular songs that year, Sylvester and The Crown Heights Affair, You Gave Me Love, but I remember it all like it was yesterday.
From disco I went on to be into more underground Soul, Jazz and Jazz Funk, great days, great live concerts, all dayers, all nighters, all weekenders (Caister) and the fabulous Capital Radio Greatest Disco In Town at The Lyceum with Greg Edwards.

Did someone mention The Brand New Heavies.
Ealing band, saw them from the beginning as Mrs Chopper is from Ealing and I moved up there to live.

Great song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyRPfK-U0Oc

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The first ever disco/club i went to at a very early age in Tunbridge Wells had 2 really popular songs that year, Sylvester and The Crown Heights Affair, You Gave Me Love, but I remember it all like it was yesterday.
From disco I went on to be into more underground Soul, Jazz and Jazz Funk, great days, great live concerts, all dayers, all nighters, all weekenders (Caister) and the fabulous Capital Radio Greatest Disco In Town at The Lyceum with Greg Edwards.

Ealing band, saw them from the beginning as Mrs Chopper is from Ealing and I moved up there to live.

Great song

Caister and Camber Sands veteran here :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Great song

I hated disco as a kid, but that changed completely simply from going clubbing in Brighton from age 17. We only went initially for the long opening hours and the opposite sex, but my mates and I soon found ourselves loving much of the music played. It evolved into a passion for many types of dance/disco music, including later, Trance and stuff in the Pete Tong era onwards. I play music a lot including all dance music from my past.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here