Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat night drinking thread.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's a deceitful but stunning beer.

When we won the title at Walsall, I met [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION] on the way out. We had some celebratory Jaipur in New Street in a very short space of time.

My 11 year old son had to stop us getting on the Glasgow train instead of the London bound one.......:eek:
Indeed. A few years ago I met a mate of mine in town for a few Fridat after work beers. We started on the Jaipur but after two pints I switched to Farmer's Blonde (my favourite beer and only 4% so you can drink LOADS of it).

He ploughed on and after six or seven I had to pour him in/out of a taxi and help him open his front door.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar this morning and got my 'Sit in a Spitfire' moment as documented by a mate who went with me (ex RAF Nimrod Pilot at 6 foot 3 he was a tight squeeze when he got in!). Lunchtime to the White Horse Brasted which was the Biggin Fighter Pilots local and a couple of pints of Hogsback TEA.

We sat there contemplating the nearly three grand it needs to do their Mk9 Trainer Spitfire Flight and both decided it is on in the next twelve months. Luckily there is a Spitfire Simulator quite close to us in Wisborough Green so we are going to do a few sessions (less for him obviously) so we don't make a hash of our 'You Have Control' moments of the flight.

Now home complete with my Cockpit Photo it is Malbec time... [emoji106]
That sounds brilliant.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
That sounds brilliant.

They have TWO Mk9 Twin Seater Trainers and they are both in use several times a day. In all they currently have seven flying Spitfires, three ongoing restorations, a Hurricane and an ex BoB Me 109E in the Hangar. Everything that isn't under restoration can and does fly during the summer months. If you are into them it must be one of the best Boys Days Out ever, especially if you follow it with a Pint in the White Horse.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They have TWO Mk9 Twin Seater Trainers and they are both in use several times a day. In all they currently have seven flying Spitfires, three ongoing restorations, a Hurricane and an ex BoB Me 109E in the Hangar. Everything that isn't under restoration can and does fly during the summer months. If you are into them it must be one of the best Boys Days Out ever, especially if you follow it with a Pint in the White Horse.
It's going on the list.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm just finishing a domino white stout and then I'll be mostly on

Visconti-della-Rocca-Primitivo-Salento-Puglia-Italy-2015.jpg

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Working, working, working, trying to get everything organised for Sunday so I can go to the footer tomorrow, but still time for a Deya 'Steady Rolling Man' Pale Ale 5.2%. It is a beautiful beer

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ended up in the Brewhouse in Horsham and am in Tongelo blonde ... a smashing Bellgou
But have had to many now

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jaipur is lethal. The only time that I have ever met [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] I was in to my second pint of it in The Albert - after an all dayer at the footie. I could barely speak :lol:

Adam's Ale for me tonight, sadly, with an early morning training run planned tomorrow. Harvey's at the football and a nice night out in town should make up for that though. Saturdat is the new Fridat!

:thumbsup:

Jaipur is one of my all time favourites.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Ended up in the Brewhouse in Horsham and am in Tongelo blonde ... a smashing Bellgou
But have had to many now

That's it now, you've reminded me of Tongerlo Prior. Must get on the Belgium website soon and do some ordering.....

tongerlo.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not sure how it's happened but I'm like that woman on the Captain Obvious adverts.

"Still drinking!"

A lovely Cherry Bakewell flavored cider at 4% currently. I don't normally like flavored ciders but this is really rather good.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think I must be ill. First drink since last Saturday last night and I didn't even enjoy it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here