Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Walkers Crisps

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My Friday night pleasure was a 100 bag of crisps costing £1. In the last couple of years the packet got smaller and today on the shelf was a 75g £1 packet.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I assume 52% of NSC are boycotting Walkers crisps?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Smith's crisps with a little blue twisted paper of salt for me. Preferably in the back of the car while mum and dad have a drink in the pub.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
100 bags of crisps seems a bit excessive, but if thats your treat go for it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
McCoys salt ‘n’ vinegar Chips are your friends ����

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Lots of confectionery and snacks got smaller to avoid putting the price up, then they put the price up and made them smaller again.
Walkers aren't very good anyway and you are supporting a huge American company (PepsiCo)
Buy Burts not only great but you are helping a local smallish company albeit in Plymouth.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Smith's crisps with a little blue twisted paper of salt for me. Preferably in the back of the car while mum and dad have a drink in the pub.

Ahh simple easy times. Back in the day lots of pubs used to let you just sit quietly in the corner and you'd be happy as Larry with your bottle of Coke and crisps.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Lots of confectionery and snacks got smaller to avoid putting the price up, then they put the price up and made them smaller again.
Walkers aren't very good anyway and you are supporting a huge American company (PepsiCo)
Buy Burts not only great but you are helping a local smallish company albeit in Plymouth.
I agree with the sentiment, but Walkers are really bloody nice. In fact I'm going to have to buy some now......

Probably one of those "tear and share" bags of the extra crunchy variety, and smash the lot in without sharing. Nom.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
UPDATE
Today my 100g for £1 packet of crisps contains only 65g but is still £1
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a 35% reduction in maybe three years. Are potatoes that expensive or Lineker on a nice earner. Inflation is at around 2% but this equates to about 50% price increase.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patreon
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
UPDATE
Today my 100g for £1 packet of crisps contains only 65g but is still £1
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a 35% reduction in maybe three years. Are potatoes that expensive or Lineker on a nice earner. Inflation is at around 2% but this equates to about 50% price increase.
But they're helping you to consume less calories and so are Cadburys, by making the product smaller in size but still charging you the same, I know that's true because Cadburys told us what they were doing. This isn't about multi national companies getting richer, it's about them helping to save lives!!!
:lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Old potato head Wallace was doing his factory thing on BBC 2 this morning gawping at stats about Walkers Crisps. Are you telling me that that potato is a bag of crisps? WOW. All of that steam is water? WOW. You have 180000 potatoes on that lorry? WOW. I love crisps.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Old potato head Wallace was doing his factory thing on BBC 2 this morning gawping at stats about Walkers Crisps. Are you telling me that that potato is a bag of crisps? WOW. All of that steam is water? WOW. You have 180000 potatoes on that lorry? WOW. I love crisps.

Must watch it. That potato is a bag of crisps? No that potato is now 1.5 bags of crisps.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Must watch it. That potato is a bag of crisps? No that potato is now 1.5 bags of crisps.

Well it was a bag of crisps in 2017 in the original programme but this was his lockdown special where he gurns at some poor sod in the factory via video conference for an update on them during lockdown. Couldn't stick it long enough to see if he challenged the bloke on the size of bags. But he probably just asked a question, got an answer and then parroted the answer with WOW thrown in. As that is what he does all the time. How many of those beans end up in a can of baked beans? About 100 Gregg. ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THERE ARE 100 OF THOSE BEANS IN A CAN? WOW.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Tesco website right now:

[ Annotation 2020-07-23 115811.png

Change your shop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills