Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] A thread of albums where one side has nothing but utterly stunning tracks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This, in response to the obvious need of those who posted on the thread of great tracks that occupy one side of an album with great tracks that do not occupy one side of an album but that together combine to create one side of an album. I am going to upgrade his to 'the whole album' because . . .

In actual fact, in my view, many albums released in the last ten years are non stop brilliant from start to finish, no dreary fillers like the shite in the 70s (the electronic track at the end of one side of Burn by Deep Purple, for example, and the crappy mellotronic durges on the Black Sabbath albums. 'I'm going through changes'. Yes, Ozzy. It's called alcoholism, you bed-wetting chump.)

To start off, you really can't go wrong with Human Tetris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jINaByRmYC8&t=409s

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Alright, on a more 'inclusive' note, this for me was the first album I bought where every track was stunning. Everything else I have (going back to the late 60s) always had at least one shitey track on it. This doesn't. Fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fUQfCjZaik

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Tough one. I think I'd have to say The Best of The Beatles.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Probably one of the best punk albums of the last decade. The album as a whole is a solid 9/10 but the first half is particularly good

Shout out to this as well. An absolute staple for any punk fan

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
PJ Harvey - Stories from the city, Stories from the Sea.
PJ Harvey - Rid of Me
PJ Harvey - Dry
PJ Harvey - Uh Huh Her
PJ Harvey - Is this desire
PJ Harvey - To bring you my love

I find some of her later stuff un-listenable to be honest, but the first 6 albums contain some exceptional song-writing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We GET it HWT. We REALLY do. You had a record collection back in the Eighties that was marginally less naff than that of your peers. It was a shit decade for music by any normal standards however, and you'd REALLY be doing us all a favour if you were to stop flagging your shit record collection up to the rest of us. Cheers :wave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We GET it HWT. We REALLY do. You had a record collection back in the Eighties that was marginally less naff than that of your peers. It was a shit decade for music by any normal standards however, and you'd REALLY be doing us all a favour if you were to stop flagging your shit record collection up to the rest of us. Cheers :wave:

That went well. :shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
PJ Harvey - Stories from the city, Stories from the Sea.
PJ Harvey - Rid of Me
PJ Harvey - Dry
PJ Harvey - Uh Huh Her
PJ Harvey - Is this desire
PJ Harvey - To bring you my love

I find some of her later stuff un-listenable to be honest, but the first 6 albums contain some exceptional song-writing.

I agree with some of what you say, but not others. White Chalk and Let England Shake are quite something too.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Second side of Abbey Road. Impeccable. Unsurpassable.

End of thread. And having endured my teenage years through that decade, I do agree with THPP that the 80s was -- on the whole -- dire musically.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Kraftwerk - Autobahn, side one :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Disagree. Dare - Human League, The Joshua Tree - U2 and many more. A great decade for music - 90s, not so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here