Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I genuinely think he's a good player. He laid one lovely ball off to Montoya in the first half but it wasn't read. Give him time, he'll come good.

Wow. I saw that as just a hopeful flick as he didn't know what to do. Montoya was never going to be overlapping making 30 yards up there. AJ panicked.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I just don't know what people see. There's obviously a player there, support him rather than turning on him. Especially all the time he's played out of position.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Give the bloke time to settle.

He does have skill and drive and I have faith he will come good.

I think a little patience is needed.

Good players don’t generally need to long to settle
They are very adaptable and have technical ability
that goes everywhere with them...he’s no good

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I like his work rate, he can pass and has pace. But.. (AJ is not alone in this), why not get down the wing and cross the ball? We have GM that thrives on crosses. Seems like only Solly likes to put in the occasional cross, when he can get it past the first defender that is.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This seems fair comment. He's still getting up to speed and I wouldn't give up on him yet. Still just doesn't seem to be quick enough for the demands of this league. Made a good run in the second half towards the edge of their penalty area but just didn't seem to want to pull the trigger and ended up being crowded out.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I like him and he’s clearly talented and played well today but everything just seems very slow with him. He does need to speed things up, not necessarily his running, but touch and passing etc or he will never fulfil his potential in this league.

As I said on the match thread, it’s like everything he does is done at the same speed Gross does a Cruyff turn but not always with the same success.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This seems fair comment. He's still getting up to speed and I wouldn't give up on him yet. Still just doesn't seem to be quick enough for the demands of this league. Made a good run in the second half towards the edge of their penalty area but just didn't seem to want to pull the trigger and ended up being crowded out.

He was trying to win a freekick in a dangerous position 20 yards out, with the old routine of suddenly stopping, to be brought down.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Good players don’t generally need to long to settle
They are very adaptable and have technical ability
that goes everywhere with them...he’s no good

Really is that right? What about the golden boys of England? Great for their clubs but absolutely pony for the national team?

I think there is a bandwagon as usual and people are too happy to jump on it.

Spanish Dave anyone? Completely written of then he was a hero.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I thought he played pretty well today and got both the full backs opposing him yellow cards (one of which was surely a red).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Really is that right? What about the golden boys of England? Great for their clubs but absolutely pony for the national team?

I think there is a bandwagon as usual and people are too happy to jump on it.

Spanish Dave anyone? Completely written of then he was a hero.

Seem to remember Spanish Dave was pony until forced to play in a wing back role then he found his form.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The guy has had plenty of chances but still gets the nod over Izzy. Doesn't seem to ever want to take the fullback on, which is not good if you're playing on the wing!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The guy has had plenty of chances but still gets the nod over Izzy. Doesn't seem to ever want to take the fullback on, which is not good if you're playing on the wing!!

Izzy was ineffective in his 23 minutes, other than a powder puff predictable shot into Ederson’s hands. He’s lost all the zest, threat and pace of last season. Hopefully back to his best next season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Izzy was ineffective in his 23 minutes, other than a powder puff predictable shot into Ederson’s hands. He’s lost all the zest, threat and pace of last season. Hopefully back to his best next season.

Not sure what’s going on with Izzy, pulled out of or avoided every potential challenge in front of him. Not the player of this time last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Izzy only touched the ball 3 times, two failure challenges and the shot. I wanted Izzy on at HT in place of ARJ to run at Walker.
ARJ seems like slower version of Buckley, too slow.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
He was trying to win a freekick in a dangerous position 20 yards out, with the old routine of suddenly stopping, to be brought down.

Of course! You’re right. Funny how you can miss these things in the heat of the moment. I’d rather he’d just had a dig but, as you say, it was a dangerous position for a set piece. Fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here