Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Even though he was still more effective today than Murrayoffside and on a par with the Blind Alley Ball Hog.

Here's a little tip for you Anthony.

A bit less preening and posturing to us and a bit more delivering a corner into the box.

If you want support give us something to support.

No striker was going to thrive with the service from either wing. At least Knocky does genuinely give his all even if he does come up short. No way Jahanbaksh could say that today.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He seems like he MAY be quite good in a team performing well and full of confidence. In a game like the Millwall and a scrappy relegation battle, NO FECKING WAY! Also don't want him anywhere near the starting 11 vs City.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hope I am wrong, but I think he’s a bit shit

I hope you're wrong too. But so far, he's definitely been coated with the nut-brown stripe.

He's not particularly quick. He can't beat a man. Aside from WBA, I can't recall a cross of any consequence. And his shooting, insofar as he hit the bar once, is on a par with our bang-average fullback. Solly is twice the player, but he didn't cost the equivalent of Burkina Faso.

Nice hair though.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
I’ve said this before, I’ll say it again.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh will not provide good return on investment until three things happen:

1) He plays at the position that he has played for the previous decade of his life. He is a RIGHT winger. People think you can just substitute wing?? It’s the wrong foot for crying out loud! You can see how badly he wants to play on the right and every time he goes to the right by circumstance he tries to get Knocky to stay on the left but Knocky moans like a baby and throws a fit and switches back.

2) He plays with more fluid players. That means Andone instead of Murray. Murray scores goals but he is a big mass that doesn’t move much and waits for delivered balls. That is not ARJB’s style of play at ALL, and if anyone in the recruiting department had watched his tapes from AZ Alkmaar they would know this.

3) He is given one off season to bulk up and mesh with his teammates. It happened at NEC. It happened at Alkmaar. It will happen at Brighton. He does not shine his first season.

Alireza is not lazy. He is not weak. He is not slow. And he is not careless. He is a proud player who worked his way from a dusty and resource-less amateur league to being the top scorer of arguably the best of Europe’s smaller leagues, and he just won’t flourish out of position. If Chris and the rest of the management team continue to force him into an unnatural position they will not get anything out of him.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
lol THANK YOU! finally someone with some logic that's not letting their emotions get the best of them. he is a RIGHT WINGER. you cannot put him on the left and expect him to flourish.
I cant wait for the day that Izzy gets back into the starting 11 and we put JB on the right and Izzy on the left. THEN you guys will see the player that we paid 17 mil for. Be patient.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton

Alireza Jahanbakhsh will not provide good return on investment until three things happen:

1) He plays at the position that he has played for the previous decade of his life. He is a RIGHT winger. People think you can just substitute wing?? It’s the wrong foot for crying out loud! You can see how badly he wants to play on the right and every time he goes to the right by circumstance he tries to get Knocky to stay on the left but Knocky moans like a baby and throws a fit and switches back.

2) He plays with more fluid players. That means Andone instead of Murray. Murray scores goals but he is a big mass that doesn’t move much and waits for delivered balls. That is not ARJB’s style of play at ALL, and if anyone in the recruiting department had watched his tapes from AZ Alkmaar they would know this.

3) He is given one off season to bulk up and mesh with his teammates. It happened at NEC. It happened at Alkmaar. It will happen at Brighton. He does not shine his first season.

Alireza is not lazy. He is not weak. He is not slow. And he is not careless. He is a proud player who worked his way from a dusty and resource-less amateur league to being the top scorer of arguably the best of Europe’s smaller leagues, and he just won’t flourish out of position. If Chris and the rest of the management team continue to force him into an unnatural position they will not get anything out of him.

Interesting post thanks. Maybe there is some hope because there has benn precious little evidence of PL ability to date

Which case why spend big money on both AJ and Jurgen and play them both out of their best positions ?

It is beyond belief

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

noted......in reply i will say that he is now playing in possibly the toughest league in the world playing against the best players in the world week in , week out .....there are not many mugs in this league , i have however , thought myself that he will only improve next season ....if only we can stay up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No striker was going to thrive with the service from either wing. At least Knocky does genuinely give his all even if he does come up short. No way Jahanbaksh could say that today.
Locadia did.
Murrayoffside, even with his amazing amount of goals does more harm than good for the team.
We've sat through more games completely devoid of all creativity and goal scoring threat than his 11 goals are worth.
Once again, yesterday, we watched a striker be subbed on after 70 mins and still have more touches, more passes and more shots the GM.
Sure most of that stems from the clubs inability to buy strikers (cue Pravda popping up to quote 3 names conveniently forgetting the other 33).

What's more frustrating a player playing poorly?
Or
A player who can be excellent losing his head and deciding he can do it all himself, then promptly failing miserably?

The rest of AK's Albion career will be 'watch me attempt the palace goal' followed by 'I'll get it next time'.

Excellent post.

I'll also add to that.

- New country.
- New league.
- New team mates.
- Injuries (or else we wouldn't have signed him)

and more importantly than all of that, the poisoned challis that is The World Cup.

Considerably more players come away from that worse for wear the following season, than those that kick on.

Lineker said recently 'the season after a World Cup is horrible and grueling, players have no time off, they run out of fitness, no preseason.

How many England players have kicked on since the Summer verses the likes of Trippier, Maguire, Alli even Pickford etc.
It seems to have taken Kane and Sterling a good 6 months to finally be clear of their hangovers.

Those who are being 'oh so Brighton fan boo boys' are clearly refusing to learn their lessons and all in all it's pretty pathetic.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Locadia did.
Murrayoffside, even with his amazing amount of goals does more harm than good for the team.
We've sat through more games completely devoid of all creativity and goal scoring threat than his 11 goals are worth.
Once again, yesterday, we watched a striker be subbed on after 70 mins and still have more touches, more passes and more shots the GM.
Sure most of that stems from the clubs inability to buy strikers (cue Pravda popping up to quote 3 names conveniently forgetting the other 33).

What's more frustrating a player playing poorly?
Or
A player who can be excellent losing his head and deciding he can do it all himself, then promptly failing miserably?

The rest of AK's Albion career will be 'watch me attempt the palace goal' followed by 'I'll get it next time'.

Excellent post.

I'll also add to that.

- New country.
- New league.
- New team mates.
- Injuries (or else we wouldn't have signed him)

and more importantly than all of that, the poisoned challis that is The World Cup.

Considerably more players come away from that worse for wear the following season, than those that kick on.

Lineker said recently 'the season after a World Cup is horrible and grueling, players have no time off, they run out of fitness, no preseason.

How many England players have kicked on since the Summer verses the likes of Trippier, Maguire, Alli even Pickford etc.
It seems to have taken Kane and Sterling a good 6 months to finally be clear of their hangovers.

Those who are being 'oh so Brighton fan boo boys' are clearly refusing to learn their lessons and all in all it's pretty pathetic.

You seem to get bogged down between general comments and specifics about a match. This is Jahanbakhsh’s thread. I’ve not said he’s a poor signing, a bad player, that no one else was poor, only today Jahanbakhsh was poor. You might be right re: Locadia and perhaps he should have started. You maybe right going forward, but I wasn’t referring to the future, or the past for that matter, just an hour yesterday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You seem to get bogged down between general comments and specifics about a match. This is Jahanbakhsh’s thread. I’ve not said he’s a poor signing, a bad player, that no one else was poor, only today Jahanbakhsh was poor. You might be right re: Locadia and perhaps he should have started. You maybe right going forward, but I wasn’t referring to the future, or the past for that matter, just an hour yesterday.

Yeah that's cool.

Sure I was talking more generally, but going back to where we started from, ie that hour yesterday, my original point still stands:-

'everyone was poor why should this thread be leading the charge?'

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah that's cool.

Sure I was talking more generally, but going back to where we started from, ie that hour yesterday, my original point still stands:-

'everyone was poor why should this thread be leading the charge?'

Well I bounced a Propper thread who I also think has gone off the boil if that’s any help.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Most games would give him 8 for 60 mins and 2 for 30 Needs to cut out the lows

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I don’t understand why he is starting games when he is t delivering anything. The hope that minutes on the pitch will deliver on potential maybe? It’s frustrating that March hardly ever lives up to his potential, AK is sometimes great but usually fails to deliver, and I assume Jose’s inability to deliver a cross (and always cut inside) is keeping him on the bench. So much investment in wingers and so little product

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
As usual, the opinions on this thread would have been totally different if his shot wasn't blocked, had he scored then everyone would be singing his praises. When he gets into positions from the right, he looks like a real threat. That's no surprise, it's why we bought him. Knockaert had a full 90 minutes again, but didn't do anything. Surely it should be Jahanbakhsh and Izquierdo to start at Chelsea with Locadia as the number 9. Pace on the break and a three players all playing in their strongest positions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought he was absolutely shitehouse tonight.

We was so robbed, if that player is worth £17m then so am I.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here