Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh

Sammakii

Mar 18, 2019
What do you think about Jahanbakhsh ?
Does he worth 17M or not ?
If yes why and if not, do you think he should be kept or transferred for next season ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hard to say.
Hard to say.
No.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What do you think about Jahanbakhsh ?
Does he worth 17M or not ?
If yes why and if not, do you think he should be kept or transferred for next season ?

He scores a hat trick at Wembley a week Saturday then he’s worth 17m [emoji2]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very tidy player with great technique. Hasn't impacted games as much as we would like him to so far, however I have seen enough to believe he may yet come good.

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I hear people say they've seen glimpses; I personally hope he shows dramatic improvement on what he's shown us so far.
Should we sell him? If an offer came in for around the same amount as we splashed out, I would say yes. However, can't see that happening, so have to be patient & hope he kicks on.
As my school report used to say, can do better.

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Give the lad a chance FFS

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I hear people say they've seen glimpses; I personally hope he shows dramatic improvement on what he's shown us so far.
Should we sell him? If an offer came in for around the same amount as we splashed out, I would say yes. However, can't see that happening, so have to be patient & hope he kicks on.
As my school report used to say, can do better.
Nail on head Smudger

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
He has lots of skill but is knocked off the ball by strong players. It is a hard league but this summer I guess they will work on his strength with weights so next year he will move up a gear.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Jury out.
Next season the time to judge.
At the moment not good enough, but too early to offload.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He seems to have sound basics, but he plays safe too often. For £17m I'd like to see him try to beat players and perhaps even score a goal. Even Davy Propper has scored and I never thought I'd see that. So far he's nothing special but I have faith in the recruitment department.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So far he’s not really shown too much in the limited game time he’s had. Hopefully next season he’ll kick on and become a first team starter as opposed to a squad player, I think he’s got it in him to be a good player in this league. Is he worth £17m? Probably not on this seasons showing, but he could well prove his worth still.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Injuries, the Asian Cup and strong competition for a wing spot have mean that it's hard to judge. If he hasn't done anything of note by xmas and he's not a first team regular, it's highly likely we've done our money

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Give the lad a chance FFS

Whether or not you think he’s any good is another thing, but he’s had a fair amount of game time. IMHO he’s fortunate to have a supportive manager as others may have given up on him already.
As for his long term future at Albion, I think he will make a lot more impact next season. His touch is often superb, he needs a memorable moment to really get him going.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll stick my neck out and say he'll have a good career with us. I like what I see. As [MENTION=17029]Rogero[/MENTION] said, let him do a summer in the gym as Solly did...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm struggling to see what his thing is. He doesn't seem to be particularly quick and he doesn't seem to be very strong. If he's neither of those, he's going to continue to struggle in the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here