Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm struggling to see what his thing is. He doesn't seem to be particularly quick and he doesn't seem to be very strong. If he's neither of those, he's going to continue to struggle in the Premier League.

David Beckham certainly wasn’t quick, and wasn’t especially strong. He did ok.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is only going to get better. In his second PL season he’ll be stronger and au fait with the physicality of the game here. As well as having to massively increase his work rate when we haven’t got the ball (went missing at The Den).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not one person has mentioned that he's been marooned out left. When he plays wide right, we'll see how good he is. Hopefully saturday. :albion2:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Ultimately will be judged, as a wide forward, on goals and assists. So far he has none in 6 starts in the PL and 7 apps off the bench. Sure he needs time to get up to the pace of the game, but we really need to start seeing some end product. Looks good technically, but i would expect, for £17m we would have seen some end product by now. Jose made much more impact in his debut season, although he did have more opportunities

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I thought he was outstanding against Palace both defensively and in attack. Seemed to have a good understanding with Bernardo.
Time will tell, injury certainly hasn't helped him.

Jimmy Grimble

I'm struggling to see what his thing is. He doesn't seem to be particularly quick and he doesn't seem to be very strong. If he's neither of those, he's going to continue to struggle in the Premier League.

I think his thing is his ball striking. There’s definitely a long range goal or two in him.

Sammakii

Mar 18, 2019
I hope so ...
I’m one of his fans from iran and wanted to know the brighton fans opinion about him after this almost frustrating start.
Hope everything goes well for him and brighton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
MoM against Hudds so there is player in there somewhere. Needs to show it more often but then needs more game time! Think he’ll come good

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The next Locadia?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not overly impressed except the one home game against the worst team in the league. That said, our recruitment set up is excellent these days and has more hits than misses, so I'm prepared to believe there is much better to come, just as we are finally beginning to see with Locadia.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Definitely still with us next season IMHO.

I've seen enough to know the talent that is there, and what he could have done to impress the watching scouts. We just need to see more of it.

I also believe he does have an eye for goal, and is probably in need of a goal or two to bring him out of himself a bit, and have the confidence to really express himself and impose himself on a game.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
He was great v Huddersfield - disappeared at Millwall ( probably reminded him of the last days of the Shah ) and having read this thread I am convinced he will score tomorrow . It'll be an open game and that'll suit him . Think he and Solly will start .
So tomorrow is his day - you read it here first

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There's something there. To me he's a higher level Skalak in terms of player type. But he's had some very poor performances so far.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here