Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone got any suggestions about how to get help for someone who’s suicidal?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A close friend committed suicide yesterday. His wife is suicidal now. Who do I call to get her some help, please?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Call 116 123 its the Samaritans, they can offer good advice for you and your friends wife.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
999 and Samaritans both good advice. She needs support so if people can be around her to help her through that will be good

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wishing you all the very best of luck, sounds to me like she has a very real need for medical professionals without delay.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks all. 999 & Samaritans called. I’m going to try to be with her tonight, but I’m told she isn’t letting anyone into the property atm.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The number to call, and they also take calls from concerned friends, is

0300 304 0078

Staffed 24/7, it’s the Mental Health Rapid Response Service, they’ll take all calls very seriously.

Good luck and all the best to the person suffering.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Thanks all. 999 & Samaritans called. I’m going to try to be with her tonight, but I’m told she isn’t letting anyone into the property atm.

Can you try and get in when paramedics arrive ? Sounds like they really need someone with them . Wishing all concerned the very best.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can you try and get in when paramedics arrive ? Sounds like they really need someone with them . Wishing all concerned the very best.

That’s what I’m planning, as long as I’m there in time. I also don’t know if paramedics have the right to force entry if needed. I don’t even know under what circumstances the police can...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sad to here this. Positive vibes from Germany. I really wish you all the best.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I would've thought if someone is seriously threatening to take their own life, the Police and Paramedics will have every right to break in.
I really hope the poor woman can get help straight away...its a horrendous situation - and I wish all the family and friends sincere condolences too.

This has shaken me quite a bit - I know no-one on here personally, but feel like we are all affected by hearing this news from a fellow Seagull. Please keep us updated. :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here